landed a 36" striper! CHECK OUT PIC'S, VIDEO, AN STORY LOL. - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New York
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New York New York Bight - Raritan Bay - North and South Shore - Eastern Long Island -Captree - Shinnecock - Moriches - Montauk - Jamaica Bay - Staten Island - Western Sound - Long Island Sound The Hudson River

Old 05-02-2010, 11:53 PM
Striper Hunter

Default landed a 36" striper! CHECK OUT PIC'S, VIDEO, AN STORY LOL.

Went out from 7 am on May first on board a boat (angler fleet) didn't catch anything the fish weren't biting, fishing bunker an not a nibble except crabs. Got bored an time was running out so i decided to toss some lures. Me along with my buddy Nick were tossing soft bait at a spot where the angler took us, the water was murky an it was about 8 feet. Got one fish to bite the lure but on my buddy line. but he was distracted by the guy working on the boat. long story short, the fish got away. ugh. was pissed!!!

After getting off the boat we decided to go back to my house. with fresh bunker. sooo pissed that didn't ever get a bite. wait all week to get on that boat an when i get there didn't catch nothing. took my rods out. (all 13 of them) Threw on some fresh bunker an started getting hits. within an hour i got a keeper. 28 inch on the dot. night fall came fast an then i hooked this striper ( see picture) almost pulled my rod in the water. I averaged it to be about 5+ pounds 36 inches.

kept getting bites all through the nite. but i fell asleep on the dock me an my buddy lmao.. slept about an hour or two. had bells on my rods. woke up to hearing a rod ringing. an bending in half. i literally sprang up an grabbed an tried to stick the fish but it was no success.i was like f**k it i left everything on the pier an went to bed. 3:33 am

woke up 10:30 an was back on the water. fished allllll day not a bite. i threw every lure i had. even chummed the water with bunker oil. but no luck ,nothing. tide was high at 2:30 in the afternoon perfect conditions but not a nibble. was frustrated. omg the tide was almost dead low an me an my buddy decided to take the line an put in on my kayak an paddle it out into the deep, was the best thing we came up with. at the last moment my buddy hooked up a nice striper. ( see vid)

WHAT A WEEKEND! 3 FISH. 4 GOT AWAY! FISHED FROM 7AM TILL 6 THE NEXT DAY. YEA I AM HARD CORE. THEY CALL ME THE BASS MASTER. NEXT WEEK AM FISHING FROM FRIDAY NIGHT STRAIGHT UNTIL SUNDAY! WE'LL UPDATE U GUYS WITH THAT THE PICS AN THE STORY.... GOOD LUCK FISHING!!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	me 1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	13374   Click image for larger version

Name:	me 2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	13375  
Advertisement