"Tinted" Flurocarbon - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic. Saltwater and freshwater surfcasting. Plugging, Bait dunking and boating

Old 06-26-2008, 02:39 AM
(formerly brian21johansen)

Default "Tinted" Flurocarbon

I did a search and couldn't find anything on this subject...if it's already been covered then I apologize.

Anyways, has anybody heard of this new tinted fluorocarbon they have out and is there any good word about it? I read about it in a freshwater fishing magazine that I threw out about a week ago but the article was talking about how regular fluorocarbon sends a "beam" of light down the line like a laser....and that this new "tinted" line gets rid of that making it even more invisible to fish. The article made some valid points and I think it may be worth my money.....just wanted to get some second opinions before I waste my money on a company that probably sponsors the magazine who has an article about their product in it........coincidence? I don't think so.
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2008, 07:32 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Default Re: "Tinted" Flurocarbon

it;s been out for a while. i use the yo-zuri line that is grey and if it makes sense it will start another trend to make several different degrees of tint (ie; braid colors etc.) i think a beam of light like a a lazer is a bit extreme myself but what do i know? i'm just the 800 pound gorillla in the room.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:01 AM

Thanks Zim it seems like it might be a good thing to buy....thanks for the help.
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Official Member

I actually did a little bit of testing on this stuff last year during Crappie season. I purchased the exact same line which was Berkley Trilene #6 line. One was your typical clear line the other was the green line.
Fishing the exact same setup...1/8oz jighead with a white bass assassin.
I caught probably twice the number of fish on the green line than I did the clear line. All of my ultralite reels now how green trilene on them and they will most likely stay that way. I could really tell a difference between the two lines. The hits were harder and much closer together.
The only drawback I had was since it is such a small # line the green was a little harder to see in the shade.

But yeah, I would certainly recomend atleast giving it a shot, if it worked for crappie it could certainly work for other bigger game fish.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:48 AM

Thanks for the input striperlover............I'm gonna pick some up today and hopefully fish with it tonight. Right now I'm using power pro with 12lb mono attached as a leader.....I'm starting to think that this is costing me a lot of fish. It's time to bring out the fluro.......