Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

worst service;

Tags
service worst
3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  reelfishin 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone can top this place for the worst Service.
I dropped my boat off at bowers marine, in Hagerstown on 13 June,2008. This is warranty service, the power head went bad on a 2 year old motor, But I was finally able to pick the boat up on Aug. 1 , 2008. That's 7 weeks to change a powerhead on a Mercury 115 Optimax. But wait theres more, after I did get to pick it up and get it home, I pull the cover off and was hoping that engine even runs, I find that I can turn my steering wheel 5 times before the motor starts to turn, the battery hold down is broken, and the DFI oil tank was empty. Now its gonna cost me Approx. $40.00 for 2 quarts of Sea Star Hyd. steering fluid, Approx. $17.00 for the filler tube, to bleed the steering system,and Approx, $45.00 for a Gal. of DFI oil. I used a piece of rope to strap the batt. in place till I can get another strap. On the bright side, I did hook the waterhose to the motor and started it, so at least it starts, But it started before I dropped it off, just lost power,now I just gotta wait till Wed, Aug. 6, when the steering fluid I ordered (NOT FROM BOWERS MARINE) comes in. if all goes well I will have the boat on the water for the first time in 8 weeks next weekend. SAD,SAD,SAD,CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Jim
Stars-N-Stripers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.