Boone lake - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Tennessee Stripers and Wipers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 04-29-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Boone lake

Fished Boone lake here in east tn. this weekend and did pretty good. We fished shad around the dam 15-20ft. The majority of the hybrids were small but we did manage to get on big hybrid. Enjoy the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3866_1.JPG
Views:	475
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	7463  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2007, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Boone lake

That's a nice wiper man!
Big belly!
LMJ
Old 04-30-2007, 08:01 AM

I wish I had a better picture. That one really dosent show how big it was. It was a brute. Boy my heart was pumping when I saw that thing swim in the net. I was excited to say the least.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:42 PM
Wiper Guru

That is a beauty! Did it get weighed? My guess would be in the 9+ range. Nice catch!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:01 AM

It wieghed 12.5 lbs. The only bad part about it is that the fish isnt really all that large compared to others me and my family have caught on the lake. We caught one two years ago that wieghed 19.5 lbs. Boone lake is full of monsters.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Wiper Guru

Man, 19.5! That puppy would be adorning my wall if it were caught in Indiana. That's only three pounds shy of our state record, and only six pounds shy of the world record. Good fishin!
Old 05-05-2007, 07:39 PM

It was a true giant and it is hanging on the wall. Many fish that size are caught there each year and right now is the time to get them. Matter of fact I had two on this morning that were at least 13-14lbs but both got off
Old 05-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Wiper Guru

Those larger wipers always amaze me. They have an incredible ability to shake a hook loose. You always have to decide if you want to use a regular hook so the lure will run right, or use a larger hook in case a large fish comes along. Last weekend I didn't catch a thing, but the guy on back of my boat caught a nice sized wiper. After a few minutes, it swam away. When he brought the lure in, one of the hooks on the treble had snapped off. The lure was right out of the box. Same day I lost one. It was on for a few, then it was not. I think most of the fish in my favorite lake are about three or maybe four years old this year. I'm thinking that will put them in the 7-9 pound class overall, and some larger. I better consider changing out my hooks.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:53 PM

I know what you mean. I really never had i problem with losing them until i started fishing Boone. I never got heart broke when i lost a fish fishing the local river, but on that lake when you turn around and the drag on your reels are coming out before you can get to um. I almost cry when they get loose. Oh by the way here is another (bad) pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hybrid2_1.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	7464  
Old 05-09-2007, 08:57 PM

Nice fish BL. Yea Boy!!!
Old 05-11-2007, 08:20 PM

Lord Have Mercy!
Boone Lake Here I COME! ;)
LMJ
Old 05-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Wiper Guru

My son lives in Asheville NC. I may have to meet him down there some time. Any idea of how many they plant there each year?
Old 05-15-2007, 06:51 PM

According to tnfish.org they stock around 12,000 a year. Its a very small lake that very few people fish each year. Most people who fish for hybrids are very nice and will tell you where to go and what to use. Another plus is that almost every fish caught by most fisherman are released. We are still catching the hybrids around the dam area in very good numbers. This last weekend fishing was a little tough during the day, but other fisherman reported catching 10-15 hybrids per night. The threadfins are spawning and while we are catching bait we hear fish going crazy on the surface. Caught one fish this weekend over 10lbs and expectations are high for Saturday.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:31 AM
Wiper Guru

That sounds like an ideal lake to live near. Good luck this Saturday.