The <Eagles/s> Cowboys and T.O. - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Sports Bar
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Sports Bar Sports talk. Football / Baseball / Hockey / Basketball / Boxing / Nascar / Golf / Etc. Fantasy Sports!

Old 11-07-2005, 04:13 PM

Default The <Eagles/s> Cowboys and T.O.

He needs to just shut his extra big pie hole once and for all. Besides saying the eagles would be undefeated if their quarterback was Brett farve he bitched about the eagles lack of class for not recognizing his 100 td catch. The guy makes me sick. Then he turns up friday with a sprained ankle.
Andy Reid probably said screw this J/O. Its time for a suspension. TO's half azzed apology not withstanding.

Two things. One: Curtis Martin scored his 100 career TD Sunday during the Jets loss to San Diego. No fanfare he tossed the ball to an official who turned it over to the Jets equipment man.
Two: Brett Farve would make an awesome QB combination with TO because of their respective talents, but to demean McNabbs talent is wrong especially when the guy played hurt all year. He's clearly a front runner who is looking to desert the sinking ship ahead of the women and children.
A real classless act.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2005, 04:39 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

I agree 100% good for Andy Reid for benching him, I saw in the paper yesterday, the team can suspend him for up to 4 games without pay for being a disruptive force on the team.. 20K a pop!

After watching Bret Favres game last night, I realy think he should retire, IMHO he was one of the best QB's to play the game but, the old lions need to step aside for the young lions....

McNab is a top notch QB, without TO disrupting the entire offensive line they should play better.

ON the Jets.... Herm ya gota go... why, first and goal you only run Curtis once....... man 4 shots to get in and no go... i was rooting hard for the jets, they are a better team than their record shows....

Last weekend, Myself and two other die- hard pats fans sat at the sports bar at 1:30 AM on the ship watching the final quarter of the Pats and Bills... Rosey Colvin looks like he has recovered from his hip to the point he was prior to the injury.... he could be Peytons worse nightmare!
Old 11-07-2005, 04:43 PM

It's a shame it took this long for him to get suspended in my opinion. Nothing like a trouble maker to throw a team off. I've been a McNabb fan since he played college ball at Syracuse and I think he's done a great job inspite of his injuries. Give him some good receivers that will work with him instead of against him and that's a tough combination to beat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2005, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocc
Herm ya gota go... why, first and goal you only run Curtis once.......
Thats Heimerdingers offense. Ultimately the head coach makes the call. I guess they tried to get too cute. Figuring that the Degos would key on Martin. I missed that whole series doing something. Oh yea. dropping the car off. I saw the last fade to Mcarrins. it would have worked had it been a jump ball. But McCarrains aint no Plaxico.
I still think herms a good coach though Rock. Im not ready to toss him under the bus just yet. :)
Why they havent used Blaylock the kid they got to replace LaMont Jordan is beyond me. Blaylock is a player.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:11 PM

Blaylock played a hell of a game in KC. If they'd let him play I'll bet ya he'd make a big difference.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:16 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

I like herm's defense, but the success of the team is ultimatly in his hands, i've seen him make so many bad calls,granted I dont watch him as much but, the times I've seen him.... Belechick doesnt lose that game,Marty Shottenhiemer doesnt loose that game.....Joe Gibbs doesnt lose that game... there are others,too much passing for a third string Quarterback, he played well but, you have to wonder, the what if......
Old 11-07-2005, 05:22 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

As we say 'round these pahts......."He's a husses ass", or, "He's a hoosses ass", depending on what paht of New England ya from.

Look at tha husses on tha hussfahm.

Old 11-07-2005, 06:12 PM

Well, T.O. is suspended for the next 3 games with no pay and he's done for the season. Now, I just wonder did he get wanted or not. He won't be playing for the Eagles anymore. I'm guessing that it's possible he might play for Denver. Mike Shannahan would take him on as a challenge. I know he wants to play for Atlanta but I don't think they'l take his cocky attitude on.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:17 PM

He would be bad mouthing Vick by years end. Next year their will be some teams vying for his services. Like Chicago and maybe the Raiders. Imagine T.0. and Moss on the same squad.

If he landed in Green Bay and Farve is still there, Brett will break all his fingers and kick his ass if he has too. :)
Old 11-08-2005, 09:03 PM

T.nO. apologizes. to all...

http://sports.iwon.com/news/11082005...=home&SEC=news

Let him play against Dallas. I need him in against Jim this week!

Old 11-09-2005, 12:47 AM

For your sake i wish he was playing JB but for the Eagles and every kid who ever laces on spikes needs to see this horses azz fired and or benched. Clearly a cancer causing disention because of his mouth. Maybe now he'd like to honor the contract he so desperately tried to get out of by holding out of camp. He's contrite only because his contract may be voided and he clearly diminished his future contract negotiating position. Rosenhaus has probably made that quite clear.

He was baited into that question about Favre though. The media made it sound like it came directly from him. It didnt. Michael Irvin posed the question to him like this and the idiot took the bait and ran with it. "irvin :' Terrell. If Brett Favre was the quarterback of the eagles would the Eagles be undefeated right now? T/O : ""Uh, yea sure, Definately. Thats a good assessment. Favre is a great quarteback. The eagles would definately be undefeated"
Most people still remember what he said about Jeff Garcia in San Fran, and now its Mcnabb. The guy needs to be put down a peg. I dont care how good he is.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:55 AM

I agree. He reminds me of the arrogant, snide, loudmouth bully that I was forced to hammerfist when I was in junior high lol. T.O. really does need a good slap.

Its ok though, I got some backups and reinforcements

Old 11-09-2005, 05:30 PM

I think he had a decent apology to Donovan ,fans, and the organization yesterday but it was a little to late. His agent just drove me nuts though with that press conference he held outside T.O.'s house Drew Rosenhaus is such an idiot. You wonder how he makes it in their business. I won't be surprised to see some of his players call and fire him after that conference. I ended up just shutting off ESPN last night cause he was just driving me so insane.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:54 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Good post Jim, up and coming athelets need to know this kind of BS wont be tolerated.... I cant stand it.... In the words of JB... "he runs off crying like someone took away his tonka truck! " There are a few basketball playres that should (but cant) get the same treatment..... what ever happened to playinf for the love of the game...

How about the JETS Curtis Martin..he scores his 100th rushing TD and flips the ball to the reff.... no coments, no act,no dances, just a classy hard playing footballl player doing what he loves (I wish the Pats still had him) the NFL, NBA an MLB need more guys just like him!
Old 11-10-2005, 06:47 PM

A incident last wednesday morning that wasnt made public may have initiated the firing of Owens. When he announced his sprained ankle wednesday in the trainers room, All Pro linebacker Hugh Douglas got in his face and they scuffled for a bit. When the two were seperated Owens challenged everyone in the room including Mcnabb to a fight .
Nothing further transpired and TO left the trainers room and the eagles for good.
I think Sean Salisbury of ESPN put it best. He said
" T.O. is the ultimate I guy in a We game".