Welcome To All The New Guys!!! - Page 6 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 10-02-2008, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Welcome To All The New Guys!!!

Hi All,

Great site and stoked to have found it. Grew up in Far Rockaway, NY and fished Jamaica Bay. Spent time in Buffalo and loved the Niagra River below the Falls as well as Erie and Ontario. Thawed out in CA where I liked fishing the Bay as well as streams in the Sierras. I am back in the area and want to tackle Strippers on the Hudson GWB area as well as surf casting out in Atlantic Beach and Long Beach NY. What artificials might work for either or both locations? Pics would be great. I have 5 great docks jutting out in the Hudson w/in 15 minutes of my place and everyone uses bunker and worms. Any and all suggestions welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2008, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Welcome To All The New Guys!!

hello yall im new to striper fishing a friend said it is a blast i catch and release most of my fish have to leave something for my kids to catch any hope yall have as much fun as i do this year
Old 10-08-2008, 09:12 AM

Welcome aboard bowhunter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2008, 10:06 PM
First Mate

HI Everyone,
I'm Rambo. I fish a lot but I have a horrible striper record. I am here to meet fishing buddies and to learn from the pros.

Cheers,
Rambo
Old 10-10-2008, 11:05 PM

Welcome aboard Rambo. Tons of great info to be had here. Take your time and use the search feature. Ask specific questions, and aside from telling you exactly where to fish, the guys here will be glad to help you out.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:19 PM

Thanks for creating such a great site for all these people, and thanks for letting me be a part of it. I'm down in so jersey and rarely go north of Island beach state park. I love to fish the surf and looking to land mt first striper out of it soon. I'm already taking advantage of some suggestions I've read here and am always trying to learn more. Just finished the classic "striper surf" by diagnault. Which has been eye opening to say the least. If anyone has specifics about NJ fishing (i.e. bait, plugs shapes and sizes, general locations and beach buggy info) I'm all ears. See you guys on the beach.

Nick
Old 10-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Official Member

Thanks for the Welcome...
Just moved from NW Jersey to Monmouth County....
Had a boat at the Highlands for years...got rid of it a few years ago...
So decided to get into some serious Surf Fishing since I am right at the beach...Need all the help I can get ....LOL

Bruce

Neptune,NJ
Old 11-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Striper Hunter

All,

Just joined, I am a New York Transplant to North East NC, Navy brought me to Hampton Roads and I decided to stay, now if I can just figure out how to fish the Albemarle I will really be happy. Primarily fish out of Elizabeth City, has proven to be a challenge but it should make future success even more sweet. I still drag up to Norfolk for a little self respect because the Albermarle has kicked my butt on numerous occassions. Looking forward to gaining some advice on how to fish these areas.

Bill
Bill W
Old 11-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Sonny

Cool Re: Welcome To All The New Guys!!!

Hey peeps
Im a north Jersey backwater angler. (Stripers and Blues) I like to build plugs too. When I stumbled onto this site I thought I died and went to heaven........."Plug building is great winter therapy"
Old 11-10-2008, 08:59 AM

Welcome aboard Nick, Bruce, Bill, & Sonny!
Glad to have you all join us!
Old 12-29-2008, 02:06 PM

Hey Guys,

i just joined yesterday....im 18 live in milltown new jersey i normaly fish the jetties in nomonco fall n winter stripers n blues bascially love to fish its hard with school but i get out as much as i can summer i go to the shore forked river area n love fluking n weak fishing...
Old 12-29-2008, 11:42 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Old 01-02-2009, 07:42 PM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO

Nice to have you with us.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Official Member

Default Really New

Hi Guys. I am completely new to Striped Bass Fishing. As a young fellow many years ago I fished off piers for mackerel. We used a stick, a string and a mackerel jig. Hey it works. More recently I was introduced to fly fishing for small mouth bass which was great, but I know next to nothing about fishing with a spinning reel or for that matter fishing a tidal river. I recently moved to Shubenacadie in Nova Scotia. Bass are in the river about 200 feet from my backdoor so I thought I'd give it a go. I bought a open cast reel and ordered a rod. What next?

Thanks for any advice.

Mike
Old 04-02-2009, 06:58 PM

The New Brunswick and Nova Scotia Forum and the stripers101 thread. The stickies and the instructional reads.

lots to digest. take your time look through the stickies. rigs lures and equipment. etc etc. What to purchase then look at the site beginners clinic reads.