Welcome To All The New Guys!!! - Page 13 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 10-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Welcome To All The New Guys!!!

Hey there. I'm new 'round here and new to surfcasting. Did it exactly once when I was a kid and now I'm back 25 years later and having a blast. Haven't caught any trophy fish yet, but I'm like the king of garbage fish. Got my fingers crossed for a Striper during the Fall run.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Official Member

Hello from upstate New York everyone.......I love and live to fish! I lived in Florida for approx. 17 years where I spent most of my time on Mosquito Lagoon in Titusville, Florida. I fished both coasts from the everglades all the way to Byscayne Bay. Love hunting for red fish and have a custom gheenoe to hunt them in 4 inches of water if need be. I now live in upstate NY now where I grew up and I brought my flats boat with me because I could not part with it before I left Florida. I fish Keuka Lake in Hammondsport mostly now and the smallies are huge. Plenty of lake trout and land locked salmon and some massive jack perch that are quite tasty! Well, just wanted to say hello to everyone and I look forward to maybe finding some new fishing ground. I am both an avid fisherman of fresh and salt water.......I am interested in fishing the Hudson for some stripers if anyone can help me out where to launch and such......maybe even hook up to show me some fishy areas.....maybe teach me some things about how to fish the area.....well....later folks!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:50 AM

Welcome aboard!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Official Member

Hello from Long Island
Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 AM

Hi Blake!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Official Member

Hi,

I live west of Fort Lauderdale, FL since 1981. We have a fabulous peacock bass fishery, and I have a jon boat on a small lake where I go with my wife and catch between 15 an 40 peacocks and regular bass in two hours of shiner fishing! I fish Stuart for snook and tarpon, have fished every canal in Broward county for the past 25 years, and go all over the state for redfish, trout, etc. I also have gone to countless states and many countries fishing which my wife allows as part of our vacations!

I lived on Cape Cod in the 70's and am a really good striper bass fisherman with surface lures. my best friend still lives there and i go up in June and october (to fish the Martha's Vineyard Bass and Bluefish derby. We fish the Elizabeth Islands and know every tide and rock from Woods Hole to Cuttyhunk. Too many stories to tell!

I'nm always looking to hook up with fisherman to fish anywhere. My advantage is that I can offer fishing by me for a "fishing by you" trip!

I like the idea of this kind of site, but have found that not too many people want to share what they have!

Anyone that wants to talk to me with questions or information is welcome.

I'm 71, but am in great physical shape and can fish anywhere.

I have a Van Stall VSB 150G that I have used to fish the surf down here and have fished it off Barnstable Harbor on the North Shore of Cape Cod. Good reel but I love my Ocuma Baitrunners for a good deal of my fishing.

I've probably talked too much, so I'll just send the message!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:04 AM

Welcome to the forum striper2! Give me a shout if you ever want to do some surfcasting in Rhode Island. I've always wanted to do some fishing for peacock bass, but the chances of me making it down to FL are pretty slim for quite a while...
Old 02-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Official Member

Hi all,..
My name is Mark and I live on the central CT shoreline. I've been striper fishing for 6 or 7 years,..almost always from my kayak and I'm one of those "artificials only" kind of guys!

ps: you guys have one of the best smiley selections of any site I've seen!
Old 04-25-2013, 05:25 PM
Official Member

Hello all happy 2013 season to all
Old 04-26-2013, 06:19 PM

welcome!
Old 11-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Official Member

fishing for 45 years and still LOVE puten the steel to big fat large beautiful fish,and a bunch of small ones.always enjoy a good fish tale and also tell a few.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Official Member

Thanks. My name is joel and i have been an avid striper fisherman since 1958. My grandson and i tie saltwater flies and teasers. Love to hear from the guys as to what works best for them and what they would like to see. Also pics of their catches.

Last edited by JakeF; 04-09-2014 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Unauthorized advertising
Old 04-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Striper Hunter

Hello everyone looking forward to learning more about striper fishing. I am located as far north as the stripers migrate on the hudson river which is troy new york. The river is shallow and narrow up here, and we have about a 2 month window for fishing. Been fishing the fast wate the past few yearsr with crank bate. 7 inch rattling bombers,
~johnjohn39
Old 04-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Striper Hunter

Hello , looking to contribute . Been surf casting since I was a kid haven't been any good until five years ago . Tighty tight ! .........
Old 04-15-2014, 06:38 PM

Welcome aboard! Best of luck this season!