Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Done a solid by the NSBA...

Tags
nsba solid
6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  marty owens 
#1 ·
I signed up as a member to the NSBA about a year ago. It took literally MONTHS to get anything from them, even after contacting the head honcho Warren. Well, finally I got my membership materials and al the magazines I had missed along the way- about six months later! Needless to say I was less than impressed with the organization's way of handling things. Fast forward to January fifth of this year. I emailed Warren to ask him about when the new magazine would be available and also when my renewal date was since I hadn't received anything in the mail letting me know. He responded be telling me that he had put me in for an automatic renewal free of charge! All I could say was WOW! I'll be the first to admit that when it comes to someone who in my mind is screwing me out of my money, I get VERY defensive and a bit beilgerent. Warren has acted in a first class way the whole time and really done right by me and it is greatly appreciated. He has earned a member/customer for a long time to come. So if you were sitting on the fence about whether or not to join, give it a try. You'll be helping yourself and the fish that we all love to pursue.

#4 ·
Is this mainly a fresh water organization ??

If so, that would be why I'm not familiar with it - there isn't a lake with nonhybrid stripers within many hours of here. And the few that have Hybrids are pretty lame at that - this is NJ after all.

#8 ·
Hey Guy's,
There's a pretty detailed thread in seeinstripes forum, you'd have to register to see it.
I posted it here, then w/Sudsy's wisdom, deleted it.
I don't want to step on toes here, or the other site.
And Jim, I'm not about re-directing your membership other places to cause 247 harm in any way.
If you go to "other rants" you'll see Tony Hughs and Warren of NSBA hashing it out on the forum, just this last week.
If it still is posted, I saw it this morning earlier.
I believe it'll give you all some insight into what and why the NSBA is in the shape it's in at this time, and why you've not been attended to as promptly as you'd like.
LMJ

#9 ·
Thanks Jeff.
and Suds. :smile:
Astute observations.
The politics on other boards is really something to stay clear of.
I feel bad for the (NSBA) leadership. They busted their humps (probably reluctantly)
getting that organization to where it is today.
Everything else aside we wish them nothing but good will.
I hope they can right whatever ails them, if anything at all.

#10 ·
Thanks Jeff.
and suds. :smile:
Astute observations.
The politics of other boards is really something to stay clear of.
I feel bad for the leadership. They busted their humps (probably reluctantly)
getting that organization to where it is today.
Everything else aside we wish them nothing but good will.
I hope they can right whatever ails them, If anything at all.
Ah, ditto! :redface:

#11 ·
I am a member of NSBA (National Striped Bass Association). I have fished many of their tournaments. I fish with Team Diggin Reel Deep. We finished 11th in the nationals this year. Sorry had to plug my team. NSBA is a first class orginization. I have had many dealings with Warren Turner who is the founder and a hell of a cutbait fisherman. We busted our trancducer pre-fishing at the natioanals and with one call to warren he hooked us up with the lawrance rep who put us a new trancducer on at no cost. Come fish some of the tournements they are profesional run first class tourneys with TV coverage from the past season and planed for this season. NSBA IS First Class. It was announced to us that Warren was being deployed and Bill was temporary. I will call around about problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.