Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

new humminbird down imaging

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  fishking 
#1 ·
Hey guys just wondering if anybody has or knows about the down imaging? I bought the humminbird 596c hd di without much knowledge on it. I cant wait for it to arrive if anybody has any feed back please respond.woohoo.gif

#3 ·
Funny you should bring this up. I have spent the past 2 nights doing some research before I actually buy one.

Going to Cabellas tomorrow to check it out in person and possibly pick one up.

Caught our first striper last year 38 days from today on April 15th. Can't wait!

#4 ·
hey fish king FYI if you do decide to buy this unit, the store west marie will match anybodys price so i did some research and actually got this unit for $480.00 instead of 549.99 just print out the lowest price you can find and bring it to the store and theyll match it. It saved me some cash and who cant use extra fishing money.

#5 ·
Well I made the plunge. Found a preloaded 998c si ebay for a great deal.

It all started out with wanting to buy the 596 because of the combo GPS, then found out about down and side imaging. Now this brings me up into the 798ci series, a little research later and I want a bigger screen now it's the 898c si. Finally got to looking at the lake map disks and decided a preloaded model would be the way to go. There was 2 - 998c si preloaded with navionics listed on ebay for about $500 less than anywhere so I pulled the trigger.

Now I end up with a fishfinder worth almost as much as my boat but I have not been this excited since the day I got the boat 3 years ago.

I have got to get off this computer and get out there fishing so I can save some money. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.