Hatteras issues... - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Striper Information & Services > Striped Bass Fishery Conservation / Politics / Management / News
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Striped Bass Fishery Conservation / Politics / Management / News Public Access / Politics/ Permits / Conservation Management / News

Old 03-20-2008, 01:14 PM

Default Hatteras issues...

From todays Virginian-Pilot:
The issue: Two environmental groups(Nat. Audubon Soc. and Defenders of Wildlife) have filed a request for a preliminary injunction against beach driving at seven off-road sites in the Cape Hatteras National Seashore. The groups contend that the park service's ORV management plan is inadequate to protect nesting shorebirds.
Proponents of off-road vehicle access are trying to spread the word about the possible ban. One way is through www.savehatterasandocracoke.com which is providing details and trying to gain support for keeping the beaches open to vehicles.
Beach drivers,fishers,surfers,birders and swimmers plan to meet at cape Point on Sat. morning to celebrate acces by off-road vehicles.
The hearing on the fate of beach driving is scheduled for 2pm April 4th in Raleigh.
deke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2008, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Hatteras issues...

Defenders of wildlife, has the nads to even show up in the south!
I hate to admit this, but, the national headquarters is here in Rhode Island.
I've been playing games with them ignorant fools for years.
They usually jump in on an issue that gets them in the news, so they can scrounge some donation money. There was an animal abuse case last year, involving a cat, They offered a $50.00 reward for information, they got 4 days play every night at 6.
All of the so called animal rights orgs are coming into trouble lately, seems folks are on to their do mostly nothing for the donation money ways. Even the europeans are starting to buy our wild fur again.
The secret to beating them, is really no secret, stand together and make the general public aware of what ignorant idiots they truly are, every chance you get. Stage public gatherings and alert every news outlet you can. If one shows up, and the others feel like they missed a story, they will all show up at the next one. Get the ball rolling and keep it going.
Hatteras was my escape from the daily grind from the USMC, I spent many a day and night there, riding the sand, fishing and just hanging out. I look forward to when I can get back down there and do the same thing again, beat those broccali munchers!
Old 03-21-2008, 12:30 PM

Gunny they snuck in the back door this time. This was all done "quietly" up to this point. They had promised not to sue until the park service came out with their plan but they turned around and sued anyway.Now the hearing is in two weeks. The park service,in their response to the suit, AGREED with the plaintiffs contentions so basically it looks like we're screwed. Damn park service don't want us on the beach anymore than the antis do. When they negotiated away 35 miles of beach driving a while back the handwriting was on the wall-it won't be long before they get the last 34 miles and driving on the beach will be a memory. Really sad.
deke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2008, 12:51 PM

I hear they actually prefer the back door................................
Old 03-21-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnySniper View Post
I hear they actually prefer the back door................................
Is Zim a member?