Stripers, Plumb Beach Channel (plumb beach) - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Surfcasting Central
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Surfcasting Central A forum for Rockhoppers, Sandmen, Beachbuggies, etc.

Old 06-23-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Stripers, Plumb Beach Channel (plumb beach)

Just got home and wanted to let you Queens boys know that the high tide and the moon have the bunker and the bass running wild. We pulled out about 20 lbs of bunker (to freeze for bait) and 4 stripers in just under 2 hours off of plumb beach. All were keepers, but I don't eat the fish from the channel so all were released.

My arms are killing me! It was a non stop freenzy. We went out looking for bunker for a trip in the AM, but when we saw the channel was alive we decided to fish it for a couple of hours.

The boys on the beach looked to be having a blast too. I saw a few small blues cutting through the bunker too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2005, 11:34 PM

Hi Fisherking. Thanks for the report and welcome to our humble abode. Where in Queens are you guys? Jamaica Bay or Rockaways. :beer: :wtg:

edit** Oh I see Plumb beach . thats the Rockaway inlet.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:43 PM

Fisher do you know if this beach is technically Brooklyn?

Plum Beach
West of Dead Horse Bay, Plumb Beach, formerly Plum Island until 1940 when Robert Moses filled in the island connecting it to Brooklyn. Squatters were evicted and the beach was closed in order to build the Belt Parkway. Today Gateway National Recreation Area manages the beach area but the parking lot is still owned by New York City. Plumb Beach offers vital habitat to threatened shorebirds, horseshoe crabs and a myriad of other wildlife in its variety of habitats including: tidal mud flats, low salt marsh areas, a tidal lagoon, a fragile dune system and several scattered woodland thickets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2005, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperjim
Fisher do you know if this beach is technically Brooklyn?
Hmmmm...

I guess it is Blkyn. My first time there. I usually fish near the Broad channel brdg. but there were no bunker running there tonight.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:03 PM

it technically is brooklyn, produces some good size stripers just about a 1/2 of a mile to the the left of it by the inlet to gerristen beach. The first over pass heading west on the belt parkway, under that there is rocks that also produces good sized stripers, blues, and a lot of fluke. If travel in the inlet to gerristen beach there are some nice creeks and swamps were all the lunkers get stuck or are trying to find food.Excellent spot at night