Old Orchard Beach area - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Surfcasting Central
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Surfcasting Central A forum for Rockhoppers, Sandmen, Beachbuggies, etc.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:25 PM

Default Old Orchard Beach area

My family and I are headed up to Bayley's Campground in Scarborough Me next week for some camping action. Last summer was our first time over there and we had a blast. Great campground! Old Orchard Beach was fun to check out but we prefer Pine Point Beach. Its much quieter and less unwanted entertainment, which is good for us because we have a couple young kids. If you want to camp at a campground I would definitely recommend this place.

Anyway, I'm bringing my fishing stuff this time. Last year I didn't see anyone fishing the jetty on the north side of Pine Point, or at all. This was curious to me because that jetty plus the sand bar out in front of it just looked like perfect location for some striper fishing.

So I'm looking for some advice on striper fishing in the general area of Old Orchard Beach/ Pine Point Beach / Scarborough from shore.

And it looks like I'll be stopping in at Saco Bay Tackle on Rt 1 and over at Cabela's. Its already shaping up to be a great vacation, I can't wait!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Young salt

Default Re: Old Orchard Beach area

Hey xp, I live less than a mile from the beach in Old Orchard and I can tell ya it's been slow as of late. As a matter of fact, I think someone was telling me the other day that Pine Point is where ya wanna be right now. I do most of my fishing right off the beach a couple hundred yds down from the Pier on the Pine Point side, which is usally good, but has been hit or miss lately. Biddeford Pool is a good spot as well, 15 minutes up the road or so. Hit me up when u make ur way up here, maybe we can get together and catch a few. If not stay right there at Pine Point and ya should be good.....also try Camp Ellis Jetty about 3-4 miles up the road (just follow the beach away from Pine Point and ya can't miss it). Good luck man, and if ya get into any, for the love of God let me know!!

StriperHyper ~ Will
Old 07-07-2008, 06:49 PM

Thank you for the feedback, though I wish the report was such that this blind squirrel would be able to find a couple keeper "nuts".

I can't promise you that things will work out for getting together being on vacation with the family and all but pm me your number and I'll give you a call when I'm up there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2008, 06:58 PM
First Mate

BIDDEFORD POOL

Bryan
Old 07-07-2008, 08:37 PM

YUP! BIDDEFORD POOL! At night with Eels.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:03 PM

After just reading through the "The Spots" thread, maybe I shouldn't ask this. Are you referring to the Ocean Ave area in Biddeford when you say Biddeford Pool? I'm not familiar with the area, is The East Point Sanctuary posted for No Tresspassing? It all looks so fishy from Google Maps!!!

Thanks for the tips everyone! I'll post pics!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

camp ellis jetty a few years ago./ mac chunks for schoolies on the bay side till the seals moved in/ good times/.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0186.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	6757   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0188.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	6758   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0191.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	6759  
Old 07-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Lunker

I got my arm out of the sling from the flop I took during the 24/7 outing ,I will be up thursday and staying for 10 days,Looks to be pretty good tides for the pm . eels eels and more eels.VT ,

pm me your phone number,I will call with the details
Old 07-08-2008, 03:21 PM

You guys are really burning the heck out of this location. Are you sure we shouldnt move it to a members only area for members who are in good standing?
If we allow this - trust me we'll be known as 247 burn.
I will figure something out that will satisy all but the lurkers.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:48 PM

Ok I temporarily have a fix for the sensitive info. This is now only open to those that have joined one of the Gunnies groups. Not to registered users or the lurking general public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xp600
Last year I didn't see anyone fishing the jetty on the north side of Pine Point
Pine point has some beautiful scenery. That jetty is difficult to access because of parking. There is a lot that you can pay 10 bucks at and walk in. The rest of the area has signs posted no parking on either side of the street. There is a little shack as you continue on the outer road past the point next to a crab and clam house that sells bait and rents rods, $15 day if necessary. The girl is very nice and will give you the rundown.
As of last week the fish were moving from out front beaches and filling in the back bays.

I have PM'd you with a lesser known big fish spot that i found while doing some scouting. It will double up during the day as a nice place for the wife and kids. Check the gatherings thread also for pictures of some spots where the other guys got into fish.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

that is not a big deal. nor is it a secret spot. that jetty is a mile long and you could line up a hundred guys on it. the small jetty in 2nd pic is an offshoot of the main jetty i was standing on. i took that pic as it looked cool at the time and saw potential at a high tide situation;. i have several spots in and around there i would not burn as it would piss people off/ you won;t hear anyone mentioning these and if they did i would react promptly.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:30 PM

Ok after some thought and furthur discussion - until someone complains about a specific burn Ill leave them be. Unless they are blatantly ridiculous and too specific.
Someone pointed out that Camp Ellis, and the other places mentioned arent exactly secret spots. Its kind of like saying there might be fish at Great Kills, Gilgo or Montauk.
I would still like to walk the line concerning specifics.
Thanks.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:10 PM
First Mate

Everyone Gunny and I talked to up in Maine mentioned Biddeford Pool and I mean EVERYONE, yet there were only us 24/7 guys fishing it at sunrise last 2 hrs of incoming tide... Hmmmm

Bryan
Old 07-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

How Sudsy Of You?

Old 07-09-2008, 12:14 AM

One thing struck me about Maine besides 0.6 Km is the unbelievable fishery that it is. Georgeous place. Im not sure many of those guys realize just what they got there. Even the Saco river tailwaters at the dam. If i could have gotten my fat ass near it I would have camped out there not to mention the cut out near g*******d. Holy cheet.