Creek Chub knuckle head with single hook? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:10 AM
Official Member

Default Creek Chub knuckle head with single hook?

Hi everyone. I picked up a few used creek chub knuckle heads and was going to try rigging them with 1 single siwash hook. The river I fish is single hook only and I perfect singles over treble.

Anyone know how to set this up so the lure still works the way it's supposed to? I tried taking off the middle hook and just running the single on the back... That didn't work. The lure ran sideways and upside down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2015, 01:18 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Creek Chub knuckle head with single hook?

I might try running a little bit of line from the middle hook attachment to the rear and experiment with clipping a sinker(s) onto it to get the under side weighted like it still had that middle hook.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Official Member

Thanks for the info. I thought about clipping the hook off the rear but leavin the post of the hook so the red feathers stay there that I tied and to give it the weight.

I modify all my rapalas for trout by removjng the rear hook and having an elongated 1inch or longer ball swivel (looks like a series of beads). I might try that. It will also move the hook back to hopfully get a Better hook up