Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2019 STRIPER REPORTs

121K views 229 replies 42 participants last post by  Doc Z 
#1 ·
** SHOW EM' IF YA GOT EM' **

Post any 2019 Striper Reports and photos here. Hope to see a bunch of HAWGS.
Feel free to include county or general area, No need to give up specific spots or honey holes.

Please try and limit it to just reports & congrats.

Thanks and good luck all !

#217 ·
We started out on a Charter with the Big Game Crew on Thursday nite and it was tough with the waves but we managed to catch some decent fish. We finally got back out Friday night and the fishing was good with plenty of hungry large fish. We ended the afternoon Sunday by getting circled by a 12 foot Tiger shark while pulling in some seabass.

Attachments

#220 ·
We had another great weekend fishing and caught some large cows. I've got my best of the year so far with a 52.5"/ 50lb cow. Persistence pays off. It was also waaaaay cooler on the ocean than last for this heat wave....perfect place to be. The Weather was perfect and other than some waves Friday night it was quite calm.

Attachments

#221 ·
We had another fun weekend banging Stripers and getting my buddies their personal bests......We even caught some nice Fluke, Seabass and Skates.

Attachments

#222 ·
We had another epic weekend with 33 fish up to 50 inches and seas like glass for once with an insane bite. We will be back out again this weekend. Rachel and Aaron both set their personal best records too....a great birthday present for them.

Attachments

#224 ·
This past weekend was nothing short of an epic bass trip with 59 Stripers hitting the deck up to 50 inches. The number of bass feeding was unreal...there were even blitzes where they smashed our eels right between the boat motors at the surface on the way in. The amount of life on the sea was incredible with a Humpback whale showing us its tale...dozens of Porpoise swimming against the am sunrise and Tuna busting the surface. This weekend will go down as one for the books to remember forever....lots of double and triples. We even got a nice 43.5in tagged Striper.

Attachments

#225 ·
Just when I thought last week was an epic Striper trip this week comes and blows it away. There is a reason I take off to fish every year around August 20th...that's because this is when the big Cows move in and this year was no exception. We fished hard and ended up with 200 Striper hitting the deck with 12 fish 50 inches or bigger and some up to 55 lbs. My scale is not so great so some of those may have been closer to 60 lbs. Every Striper was safely released. My crew put in hard work and the water was nice and calm. The fog was a pain until Monday night but we managed. Double and Triples were the norm. My crew did a hell of a job keeping things from becoming a mess. Personal Bests also hit the deck all weekend.......We did suffer one casualty......my absolute favorite Crafty One Custom Rod shattered.....oh well.

Attachments

#226 ·
The Striper bite continues with another 60 hitting the deck. The weather was a bit rough this time with everyone on the boat getting seasick except for Sam and I.....LOL....but they kept fishing except Justin's poor son who retreated down below. The big girls are still here with some slobs landed too. We even got hit by the Tax Collector.....a Hammerhead just left Badger a Striper head on the reel in. These last 2 weekends put Team Knot on Call in 1st place for the Striper Cup....hopefully we can keep the lead.

Attachments

#227 ·
The Striper bite continues on and this weekend was no exception with more serious cows on deck and a bunch of smaller guys to. We ended up with 70 total for the weekend and left tripling up because we ran out of eels....we brought 23 lbs but we got into some serious 20+ lb Bluefish overnight which can quickly use up eels. Overall another epic trip. It was awesome to see more PB's set on our boat...esp Tickles and Ken who have never hooked into these monsters...they had a blast. Unfortunately Tickles smoked his wrist Sat night and had to watch us land cows the rest of the trip.........get better Tickles. We also had Mr Fisherman himself....Boots with us which was a pleasure. I have a great crew. In addition to Striper we managed to get some serious 6+ lb Seabass drifting eels......who says you can't get them this way....eels weed out the smaller ones.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.