Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2016 STRIPER REPORTs

169K views 504 replies 99 participants last post by  FyshhTrap 
#1 ·
** SHOW EM' IF YA GOT EM' **

Post any 2016 Striper Reports and photos here. Hope to see a bunch of HAWGS.
Feel free to include county or general area, No need to give up specific spots or honey holes.

Please try and limit it to just reports & congrats.

Thanks and good luck all !

#12 ·
First striper of the season for me. Saw no herring but I was getting bit by white perch on night crawlers so I did some research and apparently Spring stripers eat white perch too. I tossed a live one out there and BANG within 25-30 mins. If you guys are having a hard time catching herring, thread a night crawler on a hook with a half oz weight and use some white perch as bait!

Attachments

#22 ·
Fished Newburgh from 6- 11 Set up with bloods and drifted with the incoming tide We managed to out one keeper in the net 48 ft. 10 down Saw plent of decent sized marks but no other takers than that one fish. I saw hardly any bait at all Best temp of the day was 48 degrees and I can tell j it was cold. As I had to hop in and retrieve something out of the water at the ramp

Attachments

#33 ·
I don't know OC, April 1, your hands kinda look funny, big giant fish? Brian said he saw it on HVS, don't know what that is. I presumed it was a photoshopped April fool's day prank. Looking at it again, and given your question, all I can offer is my congratulations and apologies. What section of the river were you in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.