ASMFC Fall Meeting - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Striper Information & Services > Striped Bass Fishery Conservation / Politics / Management / News
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Striped Bass Fishery Conservation / Politics / Management / News Public Access / Politics/ Permits / Conservation Management / News

Old 10-17-2011, 01:53 PM

Default ASMFC Fall Meeting

The upcoming Fall ASMFC Meeting is in Boston this year and the striped bass board will be meeting on November 8, 2011 at 8:00am - 11:00am to discuss a potential reduction in both the commercial and the recreational Striped Bass harvest. Registration opens at 7am. I will be taking off work to attend,,, anyone who would like to go with me is welcome. The meeting is at:

Langham Hotel
250 Franklin Street
Boston, MA
Phone: 617.451.1992

Please see the following link for the complete agenda and public comment guidelines:
http://www.asmfc.org/70thAnnualMeeting.htm

Also, please note that the Menhaden Management Board is meeting on November 9th, 11:00am - 3:00pm. I'm going to try to make that one as well, but not sure yet if I can get off work on that day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2011, 04:48 PM

Default Re: ASMFC Fall Meeting

I attended the meeting of the Striped Bass Management Board at the ASMFC Fall Meeting on Tuesday, and took the podium along with several others to request that the Board move forward with Addendum III, the next step being to send the draft Addendum out for public comment.

Unfortunately, the Board voted 9 to 6 to postpone this Addendum until after the 2013 stock assessment.

This essentially dooms the striped bass fishery to further decline, as by their own projection it will be "overfished" by 2017 if action is not immediately taken. You can thank Pat Augustine and his cronies for this.

I was especially disappointed to see Paul Diodati of the MA DMF also vote in favor of postponing this Addendum.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Official Member

Default Re: ASMFC Fall Meeting

Thanks much Jake...As usual you're in the battle for everyones fishery..We on the west coast appreciate all you do..I know it didn't fail because of your efferts..Hope you're doing well. Jim