Noticed my Picture on Your Board - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Texas Stripers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 04-10-2006, 07:24 PM

Default Noticed my Picture on Your Board

Great board. Some great fishermen here.

Could not help notice the photo of my 41.5 lb striper caught on the Brazos River , TX.

If you thought that was nice you should hear the story about one of my clients catching a possible state record of 46.78 lbs back in 1995. Disqualified due to the fact they found out we were using Rainbow Trout for bait . Rainbows, Browns and their sub-species and hybrids are considered gamefish here in Texas. He admitted to it after the fact with no evidence presented against him. Let's say that TP&W Law Enforcement can be very convincing :) .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2006, 07:46 PM

Hi Shane welcome to the board.
Awesome fish. there is a pic of ron venerable with a caption that says Brazos river but Im sure it was caught in possum kingdom. His is the state record I think.

Yours still holds the brazos river record as far as I know.

Thank you for the comps and enjoy the site
Old 04-10-2006, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperjim
Hi Shane welcome to the board.
Awesome fish. there is a pic of ron venerable with a caption that says Brazos river but Im sure it was caught in possum kingdom. His is the state record I think.
Current Texas Record

Yours still holds the brazos river record as far as I know.
https://stripers247.com/images/shanedavies.jpg
Thank you for the comps and enjoy the site
Hey, striperjim.

Actually Venerable's 53# TOAD is the Brazos River Record AND the current state record here in TX.

Oddly enough, his fish did not dethrone my record, I't dethroned my
customers Brazos River Record of 42.66#. The 42.66# beat my own 41.5#, that beat my own 40.4#er. I't was unreal , the record traded out 4 times in as many years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2006, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Noticed my Picture on Your Board

Your fish is still ranked # 13 shane.
Texas Freshwater Records
Old 12-11-2006, 06:58 PM

YaknYota, tell me you're not really in the Arms of God, and that's a town in TX! :)
Or, better yet, tell me you're really in the Arms of God, Everlasting at that, and He's singing songs of Love over you as you sleep.
That, my friend, would be cool.
LMJeff
Old 12-11-2006, 07:00 PM

Hey YaknYota, Brazos River, south of Houston? My younger bro. lives in Dallas, I need to fly out there, drive to the coast with him, and hook him up with some TX Stripers. Isn't everything bigger in TX? :)
LMJeff
Old 12-11-2006, 07:05 PM

YaknYota, answered my own question:
Brazos River, Texas
Top 10 Hidden Trout Fisheries

By Mark D. Williams

Big fish here (MDW)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Brazos River below Possum Kingdom Lake is a lousy trout fishery. But the stripers and carp in this medium-sized tailwater two hours west of Fort Worth grow big and fight hard. On trout stocking days, anglers line up to pitch salmon eggs and corn at the new inhabitants, and when you see them, head for the dam to cast to the splashes of feeding stripers or walk downstream to fish the slow side channels for carp and striper. Many recreationalists canoe the Brazos, fishing for perch and river bass, especially in the spring and summer. White bluffs overlook this pretty tailrace. The Brazos is an ideal winter fishery, the Texas weather rarely turning cold. During weekdays, few fishers venture onto the clear waters. Oh sure, if you want to fish for the eight-inch trout, that's your choice. But the stripers will probably get to them first, and it's those big boys I'll be chasing.
Found this on http://away.com/tripideas/fort-worth...ng-300710.html
Sounds like I'd need to fly into D-FtW, then drive due west to Possum Kingdom Lake.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:14 AM
Morris Cove

Lol at Aaaaactualy your fish is just 13 shane.. Christ let him down easy guy,lol