Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Sharks!!!!

Tags
sharks
2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JakeF 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sharks

Went out for the Snug Harbor Shark tourney aboard the River Rebel with my friends the Bagwells this weekend still heading back out for day 2 in about an hour
,, Day one was okay nothing with real weight to it. 1st one we had on we believe it was a thresher but it broke off(most likely a tail wrap. Water was perfect heading out but a little ruff coming in. Plenty of life everywhere Birds Whales Bait Sharks,,no tuna though

So many damn blue sharks around we had to move,, seen one out about 30 yards a good 300+lbs but we couldn't get by the little one to get the bait out far enough to get em. Biggest one was 200 and change. Got so board with the the little ones I was fighting the 100lb ones on my spinning gear 16000 Shimano thunus and 6'6" crowder rod.
all and all over a Dozen but could have caught em all day there were around the boat like flies on shit.ALL SHARKS RELEASED UNHARMED JUST TIRED(like me)
1. 100lb spinning gear
2. 200lb blue shark
3. spinning gear witht he rod bent over
4. swiming by the boat
5. Releasing
6-8. Whales
NOW DAY 2 LETS GO MAKO

thumbsup.gif

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.