#1 ·
C'mon, fellas....what date?

What general area?

What presentation?

What odds for success?

#2 ·
Re: When will you hit the Beach?

here is mine

misquamicut area, june 8-9-10, cuz that is the only time i can get down there til then...........

danny swimmers at night, and some squid knuckleheads at first light

odds of me getting one from the beach....ahhhh, 50/50

til then i will be following all of you lucky guys who live there to see how you do!!!!!!!

best of luck,

diamond-d-----------OUT

#3 ·
Great thread Diamond. I copied it here from the NE forum so more of us could take part.
I plan to hit the beach sometime this week. 2 hour drive for me.
I plan to fish the area near the VZ Narrows in New York harbor.
The schoolies are about but Ill be after some bulls heading into the hudson.
Clams for dead sticking. Some smaller surface and deep swimmers, bucktails and a few other things to see what works. Odds for success are excellent. :wink1:

#5 ·
Wife and kids just left for two days to some indoor water park in Pennsy.
I'm fishing my *** off for the next two days icn___clap.gificn___clap.gificn___clap.gif
NoMon in the back. By tomorrow night I'm going to stink so bad of old clam and bunker goo that my dog will run away from me :redbiggrin:

#6 ·
I was out last night from 10:30 to about 1:30 this morning....threw out some clam on a cod hi-low rig....it was raining lightly so I stayed in my car (I was parked near a sea wall) drank some coffee,listened to the radio, watched my rod tip do nothing for a couple of hours then left....right now the water is to cold for stipers but to warm for cod (at least from the shore)....the cod season officially opened yesterday and I had nothing else to do lol....anyways I pretty much knew I wasn't going to catch anything but that didn't stop me

#8 ·
Hit the beach for the first time tonight, out front, just cause I miss the waves, but it's still pretty early....threw clams for nada.
But I'm off Friday, I'll be bayside somewhere at some point during the day, looking for the warmer water.....clams.

#10 ·
Actually "hitting the beach" will depend on weather.
Probably the next available good day.
Now the non-beach has been a different story for awhile now. I'm finding too many winter hold-overs to pass up a nice day(s) like we were having last week.
The New Moon in May is my usual "let's get serious" trigger.

#11 ·
I started my season in mid march,RI has a pretty healthy resident population in the upper bay,and white bucktails or storm shads produce well.Early fish were in the 18"-22" range,but in the past week and a half i've hooked into some keepers to 33".:cheers:

#16 ·
Son Jim and I hit the hook....twice now....inside. Froze....presented a veritable smorgasgord. Nothing. Way too cold. Time to try a couple of hours at the " Skunk". If this weather stays cold, the fish'll get antsy to move, and blow passed us on the first warming, like SR-71's.

#26 ·
Think dark muddy bottom, dead low through incoming tide, in areas that never get over 6' deep - you will catch fish.

#21 ·
Hit the beach yesterday, and froze my a@# off. threw bucktails, a yo-zuri, and an afterhours needle. No luck yet!

#23 ·
I was on long beach NY. The structure has changed a lot since last season especially near my favorite jetty.

#24 ·
Im heading out for friday. definately Sunday.
I dont mind freezing my a$$ off if there is fish about, (no dinks) the fall doesnt bother me a bit,
but I feel like winter is still here. I still have the heat on in the house.
Air conditioning is on in the bedroom so i can breathe. Brrr. No wonder I dont have a wife. lol

#25 ·
I'll be out on Saturday doing some scouting and trying out my new kayak. If I find anything around it'll be hard to keep me home Sunday night. Going to check out some areas where I know the water to be a little warmer than others and maybe at least give some holdovers something to think about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.