Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Your Plug Bag

Your Plug Bag?

Tags
plug bag
64K views 76 replies 45 participants last post by  148 forest 
#1 ·
Your plug bags. Aquaskins -Van staal - BW - Canyon - Precision Hunters?

I like the small tall single row aquaskins the belt pouch and medium double surf bags.

#64 ·
right now ive got a as small bag/ dont like it. Holds a lot of water doesnt drain enough and that doesn't help when im underwater and it doesn't have enough velcro.

commando 3 tube custom white bag is coming soon thoughlaughing7.gif

#66 ·
As I said in earlier post, on the west coast, we use fanny packs mostly...But I have many packs set up for different types of fishing locations..One for heavy rods, one for smaller2 oz lures..One for fishing more tranquill water in our bays,,And the last one is for fly fishing the bays..Got these Eagle Claw bags for $10 years ago in different colors ,so I would'nt get confused & grab the wrong one when I got a call from friends about bass runs...They had D rings for attaching gear....But they stopped making them a few trs back..Occasionally you see a old timer with the Army surplus ammo pouches on belts..But most are long gone....Jim

#69 ·
i've been looking to get my first plug bag. I would like to spend as little as possible, but def don't want to buy something that will fall apart after one use. I figure that will leave me between the 50-100 dollar range.

I would love something like the old bronco bags that are not made anymore, I was thinking about the shimano bluewave, or the bronco lookalike on ebay. Does anyone have any info on the ebay bags? maybe pics? I don't like the BW(outdoor etc) because it just seems cheap, the same with a few of those others. Also is anyone familiar with the bags dick's sporting goods caries? I like the extra storage like the bluewave has so, something along those lines would be cool.

#70 ·
After a few days of research and deliberation i just went to Dick's and bought the precision pak marine shield II(i believe) for $40 on sale. I have only used it once, but am very happy with it. This is my first surf bag fyi...

The quality seems pretty good, strong stitching and fabric is smooth and will hopefully not catch hooks too bad. the whole thing is padded, i guess for weight/durability/comfort which is good.The shoulder strap is thick and padded, with pockets and is very adjustable. its nice and deep, which was a big plus for me. lots of pockets and storage, a removable ziplock bag system i put small bucks,rubber shads, etc in.

There are a few things that i didn't like such as there only being one 5 square tube row, when it is obviously made for two rows, but i got another row and took care of that. I also wish there were a few more slots for bucks/tins. There a large pouch on the back and two small ones on the front with no drainage holes, and it seems like they will fill up with water. It is a bit large, given its depth, plus i put the extra row in(which fits snug as a bug), but i don't really mind it.

This is my first surf bag so i have nothing to judge it on. But for me at that price and the quality so far, it seems like a good buy. Hope this helps anyone who was in the same position as me a week ago.

#75 ·
I really don't use a plug bag anymore. I use the single Aquaskins Elite Hunter Pro Side Arm which fits on your surf belt. I use three of them, sometimes 4. I also use a leader wallet for all the swivels and junk like that and a soft plastics belt pouch, which fits all sorts of smaller stuff. Pretty much everything is on the belt. I've found this system really simplifies the game. I do have an Aqua Skins 8 tube (circular) bag with double front and side pouches but that only comes when I have someplace to set it down. If I bring that bad boy, I'm totin firepower second to none. When I travel, like up the Cape or our to Rhode Island, I bring it, also I take it on the boat.

Generally, the belt concept is the way to go though, you don't need that many lures and the single tubes are beyond awesome. I first tried those awful Lure Tubes and between them falling off my belt due to their chinsey clips or the covers just popping off, I literally threw them into a park garbage can one night and went back the drawing board.

Trust me, the Side Arm is phenomenal...but expensive . I added a tube here and there until I accumulated 5. Its a really slick system.

#76 ·
Right now I'm using a bag I built on line through a company named Timbuktu. You can pick different materials, as well as colors. I have two large Plano boxes, no dividers, a smaller Plano divided box for tackle other than plugs/lures and an H&K pistol box that I keep mostly what I think I'll be using that particular day.
It's a backpack, excellent quality, but too large to be walking any distance with. It usually stays in my pickup and I'll wander off but not too far. If I want to really move to another spot, over a hundred yards, I'll pack up and drive down the beach and do the same thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.