Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Your Plug Bag

Your Plug Bag?

Tags
plug bag
64K views 76 replies 45 participants last post by  148 forest 
#1 ·
Your plug bags. Aquaskins -Van staal - BW - Canyon - Precision Hunters?

I like the small tall single row aquaskins the belt pouch and medium double surf bags.

#33 ·
Where's the Velcro ??

That bag would be a bad idea where and how I fish. I can see all my plugs floating all around me the first time I get knocked off a rock in Montauk

#34 ·
if anyone wants to post to hawk stuff they would need to contact the pro staff Evaluation Team leader for an eval of the product. (i woulda suggested having sudsy do that but seems he has already made up his mind about it. Alternately you can contact noreast media and buy advertizing. its unfair to the guys who do purchase ads. i didn't delete the posting as of yet. admin may choose to however.
One idea would be a giveawy contest and or an eval writeup by a team member.
in any case ones first couple of posts shouldn't be spam or to sell stuff however. gary may be better suited for this one as he fishes alot of tins and whatnot (i'm seeing more room for those than what i would need room for. i think sudsy was analytical and not knocking it. as he is blunt and cut to the chase at the drop of a hat....

#35 ·
i think sudsy was analytical and not knocking it. as he is blunt and cut to the chase at the drop of a hat....
Yup,
If I came off as harsh I didn't mean to.
Looks like a decent sand or bridge bag, just not made for wading.

#55 ·
I don't actually use a store bought plug bag. I made one of my own out of and Old Coleman soft sided cooler with two seperate sides and plastic zippers. The Cooler came from the trash so it cost me nothing my plug tubes are cut from P.V.C. tubes from cheap Plastic tables ( Lighter than plumbing P.V.C.) also from the trash. The Bag is water tight. Floats and carries all the equipment I need for a night of plugging. Here is a picture of the beach cart I made from an old golfbag cart rigged for bait fishing in the picture. . With it I can carry three rods rigged to cover the water column when rigged for plugging no need to carry a heavy plug bag unless I'm hitting the jetty. With the Cart I can leave almost all of my plugs stored in Plano trays in the back of my car safe from corrosion but accessible. If you fish regularly like me You will stick with one , two, or three plugs that match the forage and are producing fish for you. As the forage changes I change the plugs I bring.

Live 2 Fish
<><
Forced 2 Work

Fish Whisperer

Attachments

#57 ·
I have a no name bag with 8 tubes, a small belt bag for tins and bucktails from Home depot I carry what I think I need for the beach, a large shimano boat bag filled with plano boxes, a large soft cooler bag with 8 square pvc drain pipe tubes which stay in the truck so I can change up when I guess wrong.

#58 ·
Well since i try new ways in skinning the cat
my latest is a windshield washer jug with a big smile cut in it which i insert frozen orange juice containers, about five and then i just put the plugs in through the smile into the containers. Of course i have an ol rope going through the jug handle hole.

The best part is that anyone that sees me fishing with a plastic jug over my shoulder generally gives me plenty of room.

The things you do to keep the good spots for yourself

#62 ·
you will be more than fine with one of them at a time. You will notice as time goes on you will gravitate towards certain plugs and jigs and the rest stay in the bag. I try to double up on everything I have to have out there in one Bag. Two Yellow needles two white darters etc. maybe a swimming plug or two depending on where I am fishing. I try to set up a couple of bags in the truck for different spots and conditions and rotate stuff in and out as the season progresses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.