Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Preliminary suggestions for 2009 gatherings?

10K views 56 replies 21 participants last post by  rambov 
#1 ·
2008 was great. I personally had a great time meeting a bunch of you guys and hooking up with some old friends.
Its hard to pick a favorite. The Cape was great - Montauk - Old Orchard Beach Maine - The Hudson - JamesTown Rhode Island -
Pick one - they were a blast.
If I only had one choice I might pick Rhode Island or Montauk - One of my favorites however was meeting the Canadian crew and the Pig roast in Maine.
What would you guys like for next year?
Small groups are cool with me. The big crowds can be work but a lot of fun too.
Perhaps the Delaware Bay or the Chesapeake even. Hatteras or other points south? The Sound - Long island - New jersey?
I guess the shows come first . Im not sure ill spend any time there unless to meet up and have lunch or buy some plugs.
I want to do another boar hunt if anyones interested. We can car pool and doesnt have to be a large crowd. Also any time of the year is good. Spring and fall is the busy season.

We could also make a run up to Nova scotia. ive not been there and I hear its beautiful.
Any ideas - suggestions?

See less See more
#38 ·
All of my gear is packed and ready to go!

#42 ·
Cape yes.... P-town....NOOoooo!!!

#44 ·
sudsy good idea.
Lol heard good thing bout that boat.
Never been on it though. i useally go on the dauntless, norma k, gambler, and acouple boats up in the high lands.

I say we all get together in june, Brick Beach 3. in mantaloking, which is in NJ. so we can all hit the stripers and blues. and lures only.

#48 ·
Alright alright I'll go, on one condition If Zim lets me borrow his red, sequin dress and Stilletto heels, I wouldn't wanna feel outta place!!!! :lff3:

StriperHyper ~ Will

#51 ·
hahaaaaaa sick photo shop job zim. And if we do this trip early enough in the spring and luck out on some cloudy weather there wont be anyone on those beaches, and theres plenty of beach. the cape is a god damn ghost town in the bad weather months, i wouldnt worry about tourists in april. get into may and especially june, zim's right it'll be a zoo

:smilierun:

#54 ·
There is a water taxi service that runs out to Race Point in P-Town fairly cheap I believe. If you take the Taxi the tourists won't get in the way.

Believe me Hyper the fellas in P-town won't bother you. You are not nearly pretty enough for them. lol

#56 ·
Rabov that is a generalization....fishing there is like anywhere else, dependant on a million varibles....

If you fish spots based on what you hear instead of what you learn your going to have one hell of a season....and I am not talking a good season. Take reports and second hand banter with a grain of salt....they will make you lazy. Instead of trying to find your own spots and developing knowlege based on experience youll be another report chaser.....won't help you learn....just a suggestion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.