Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Waders

Tags
waders
5K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  glennjan 
#1 ·
Im pretty new to this but I have been fishing alot this year, wether from the piers or surf in Staten Island, or a day out on a friends boat or on the Marilyn Jean 2 party boat out of Sheepshead Bay.
In the summer I have been stepping into the surf to about my knees with my shorts on and my busted up construction boots that i have designated for fishing. I think it is now time I seriously take the plunge into the surf. So now here is where I need advice. I need waders, what should I be looking for? any suggestions on brandnames? types? neoprene? rubber? the dos and donts? any advice will be appreciated Thanks I dont want to spend a fortune either!! LOL!!! any body got an old pair for me!! LOL!!

#28 ·
after a tanker came through the chanell and i didn;t see him > the water flushed out and in and almost took me under. i bought bootfoots after that in an xxl so i can slip right out of them if i am fishing in these particular areas and trust me i can get out of them quick/. just my preference but they are clunky (orvis guide breathables) they are lightweight and i use them in the winter with sealskins and layers with no temperature issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.