Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

What I am Bringing..................

Tags
bringing
6K views 39 replies 16 participants last post by  jimi4290 
#1 ·
To the gathering
Me and 4 possibly 6 friends.
Grill, charcoal, lighter fluid, 5-8 lbs of chicken thighs, knowledge of the area.
Cheap supply suggestions for those that want to;
paper plates, utensals, trash bags, condiments, paper cups............
cold salads...................
appetite................................
plugs.............................................

14 and counting!

Please post your voluntary donations here, so we don't end up with 50 gallons of macaroni salad and 50,000 paper plates.

Also if you have not sent an Email notification please send it now.

#3 ·
myself..my wife..maybe. potato salad...a few pounds of various marinated meats..thinking some chicken breast..steat tips...a few pig chops..wife likes turkey burgers, if she comes we will have some of tom patties..a few fishing rods, some plugs...my smart ass attitude...my camera..(watch yourself gunny....you too zim, if ya make it..) the extra 15lbs i picked up over the winter :icon_sad: i gotta go back to the gym and stop eating late at night...ah...i duuno.. im sure ill think of something else im gonna bring...

#6 ·
I'll bring some brats, hotdogs, & buns, along with the fixins for those. Also, a cooler of drinks. I can also toss a medium sized charcoal grill in the truck if you think we might need a little more grill space. I'll be showing up around noonish with the family and hang out for the afternoon. I'm also bringing my kayak, of course, but I probably won't get much fishing in until after I take the family home and get the kids in bed. I'll be returning around 10:30pm or so to fish the rest of the night.

I'll see what I about some hats for the event. I'm pretty flat out at work right now and machine time is at a primium, so I can't promise anything.

#9 ·
2 cases - diet pepsi / 2 diet coke
3 cases - pepsi / 3 cases coke
1 case orange soda / 1 case grape
and Ice. What I can find close by.
Cold salads. Quarts Mac - potato - Coleslaw
utensils and 200 paper plates.

#10 ·
First off....I'm going to see how many beers will fit in my big cooler......275qts....i should be able to get a few in there anyway.....have to push aside the wifes girly drinks but i'll be okay <wink>. I'll probably just bring some dogs and burgers, rolls for each and i believe someone else was bringin da fixins like catsoup etc....

Other than that i really dont eat much on a fishing trip....you'd be surprized. Just want to get my rod wet.....then do a bit of fishin. I'm definetly going to throw clambellies unless rock is really cleanin up with the snakes.....after that i'll give rock the big puppydog eyes until he forks an eel over for me to borrow. " i'll catch a cow and give it right back rock i promise". <insert evil grin here>.

Craig aka Briggs

Aka mastersurfcaster

Master of His Own Domain

#15 ·
Well I'm bringing my cranky sorry azz for one thing..... I'm bringing a pulled pork and the rolls ( thats if'n I dont swill it down on the ride) I'll have the pot cooking on the way via a 12/120 volt inverter I have installed in the truck.....

I'l be totin' a few meat rods, a pluggin rod and an eeling rod... i'm keeping the 15lb test on it so there may be alot of cursing if there are alot of rocks ( I have a back up reel with 20), , and the long wand fits behind the seat so I'll tote it too, I have a few Macks in the freezer, so I might bring them, I'll have a few worms with me just in case those toothy bastages are on the prowel ..... and some snakes...lots of snakes

I'll be totin a few plugs, I've got a plug or two to donate to the largest shore caught bass and blue... ( as long as it's not caught on a clam belly.... I see those puppy eyes...oh alright clam bellies are in) I've got a didgital scale that goes to 50lbs and a spring scale that goes 60... I'll bring the didgital... I'll bring my coffee pot... by morning... we will need it.

I'll see you all between 2 and 3 on saturday... gunny I'll give ya a call on Friday and check if you need anything else....

I'm off to go get ready to go fishing.... I'm painting Thursday and Friday and will be off line ....

#16 ·
Roc, and all others................................
I can't believe how this thing has come together! I thought I was screwed this morning when a freeze plug on my truck started spittin anti-freeze all over the place, but my mechanic understands how important this saturday is to me! Doesn't hurt that I feed him a Striper fillet whenever I can!
It was actually a good thing it went early this A.M. and not tomorrow afternoon, cause he has time to get it back to me, in time.
If any of Ya'll have not recieved any of the Emails I have sent over the last 2 or 3 days, Let me know through Email, not in P.M. I will get back to you ASAP.

#17 ·
lmao......watch it rock....them bellies might surprize ya bro.

Your as bad as i am when it comes to rods etc.....i'm bringing a whole arsenal of weapons....up and including the 15 footer. i'll have extras just in case someone breaks their stick and they dont have any backups. the pluggin rods are coming.....the 15...some bait throwers etc...and the reels to dress them all up. i figure that all i'll really need without blowing it out of proportion like i always do is.....4 oz sinkers, bass/eel rigs, snap swivels, steel leaders, and bellies.....good to go.

I dropped the Drive shaft out of my truck a couple weeks ago. shes almost ready to go but not in time for the outting. I will be showing up in my wifes girly jeep wrangler.....how embarressing. she's getting pissed cause i keep strapping stuff to the front and back bumpers lmao.

I'm getting down there around 3pm, maybe a little later but not much if at all.

I'll see ya when i seeya Rock

Craig aka Briggs

Aka mastersurfcaster

Master of His Own Domain

#21 ·
yup...now i wont have to listen to..."when are we going home"....cause, im leaving when im done...funny, thats the same amswer i gave my brother last time i took him fishing....maybe thats why he bailed...hes too worried about his "new" girlfriend...i just dont get it...last time he came out..i swear his cell phone rang every 27 minutes..and a text came through in between the calls....even about 2am his damn phone was ringing...i guess he will never learn.

#25 ·
:eek:fftopic:guys, i gotta give you my 2 cents...i was dating a very nice young man who once said to me "i'm going out with my buddies tonite" so i said "have fun!' later (much later) he called me and WHINED "why didn't you call me???" i told him that since he was out with his friends he didn't need to hear from me! so, please don't generalize, we're not all alike!

have fun saturday!

#40 ·
:eek:fftopic:guys, i gotta give you my 2 cents...i was dating a very nice young man who once said to me "i'm going out with my buddies tonite" so i said "have fun!' later (much later) he called me and WHINED "why didn't you call me???" i told him that since he was out with his friends he didn't need to hear from me! so, please don't generalize, we're not all alike!

have fun saturday!
please dont think i am generalizing women..in fact i believe men, usually, are more insecure than women...i believe its the insecurity in a person that fuels the fire..so to speak..and causes things like smothering..and being too needy and not allowing any freedom for thier partner. usually when someone is insecure its because they have issues with trust. its all about balance..too much of a good thing can be really bad.....my brother is still young...he was just as guilty as his girlfriend...he should have told her on the first phone call..." thanks for the conversation..im turning my phone off, and ill call you tomorrow..right now im spending time fishing with my brother"....he failed to do so..i am certain if she trusts him it would not have been a problem..and vise versa. he was equally guilty of being "needy"...my gripe is definetly equal to either gender..im not perfect either...sometimes i need a head check....like we all sometimes need.

#27 ·
Beavertail is secluded and have yet to have a problem when fishing there. To say that the locals are upscale, well that puts it mildly. I would however not bring anything you could not lock up. The area is rocky coast and reefs. I generally bring 1 rod and a plug bag. Some areas are easily accessed, some require a little effort. Some are good spots for the novice, others for the more experianced, One of the reasons for the cook out is so that folks can scout the area, get familiar with the way the place plays out. When I give my portion of the seminars, you can be familiar with the terrain.

D.E.M. contacted me, and the duty Warden will be stopping by at 5:30 P.M.
I felt this would be good for many reasons. We get to know the hard work these guy's do, learn ways to help make thier job easier, and make sure everyone has a clear understanding about staying legal here in Rhodie.

I will be asking the Jamestown Police to possibly show a presence while we are fishing as well, for peace of mind if nothing else.

As I posted before Greg Zeke has also commited to showing for an up to date, locations/tactics question and answer session.

Also refer to the recommended gear Email I sent out a couple of days ago. Headlights/flashlights are a must when traversing some of the areas. Corkers, well they are a highly recommended item.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.