Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Penn 704z

Tags
704z penn
148K views 253 replies 44 participants last post by  cunezstun 
#1 ·
Well i decided to do some rock hopping this fall in Montauk so i picked up a Penn 704z, did all the tricks, made my holes, painted it(no powder coat yet),got a sealed bearing, new handle,drag,drag knob,shaft and manual bail(not sure how this works) My question is do you guys pack the reel with grease? I mean really pack it tight or just lob a lot by the entryways? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

See less See more
#236 ·
Thanks Sudsy
I updated the picture, as you can see this is not the rubber bumper/metal cap style. This is a thread stud with slotted screw end. I've seen these on other MPU's (I believe in this thread?). It is definitely a more secure way as the rubber ones have a tendency to fall out--plus there's no need as there bail arm will remain still.

Attachments

#237 ·
Ok, the other fix is to cut a rubber washer from a bit of tire tube (or something similar), place it between the arm and the screw then tighten down the screw - it'll hold it in place well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.