Votes: 78 11.7%

favorite striper bait

Tags
bait
99K views 85 replies 70 participants last post by  workhorse 
#1 ·
what is your favorite striper bait

#59 ·
I rarely use bait. I walk up and down the beach using wood plugs and lures looking for that hot spot or working the jetties with my fly rod. Guess I'm a purest at heart; I like to work for my rewards. (to each his own)
If a fish will attack a manmade object, then they will eat any type of bait. My guess is if there are ells running and you have a squid on the hook and if one stripper had enough of ells and likes squid he will go for the squid. Just like us humans we all have our individual tastes. I been fishing too long it really doesn't matter what's on the hook it's a hit or miss situation.
The only bait that I bring with me is chicken necks. When the conditions are not right I go to the bays throw in some cab pots and fish for flounder.

#62 ·
I used to dig Tape worms on the mud flats and i found them to be a great bait for bass.One plus was that the blue fish would not touch them. That was over twenty years ago, doe's any one use them today. I dug them when i lived in Bridgeport, CT. they were not easy to get, an old timer taught me how and were to dig for them. they were disgusting also, coverd in a lot... of slimy gue. they were pink with a round head and long ribbon like body up to 3 feet long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.