Weekend plans - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 09-02-2005, 04:01 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Default Weekend plans

With the labor day weekend and oficial end of summer here allready, whats everyone up to???

Tonight is my night out with the ladies

Tommorrow I put the finishing touches on the kitchen remodel..

Saturday night/ Sunday The boys arrive at Absolute Aunies "hotel" for a weekend of fun, Absolute Aunie has a ducktour in Boston planned for the boys, Myself and Nanc'( Mrs Roc,AKA Grandma) will be joining them....

If Mitchell (the youngest) has his way Mr Bwotz(thats how he pronounces it) known here as Roc, will be taking everyone fishing...it will be a local affair for bluegills and perch.. they(the boys) probably wont want to return home, but we all have to work on Tuesday....and of coarse the lil guys have school...

Hope everyone has a safe labor day... while we are enjoying the nice weather we all should pause for a moment at one point this weekend and think of those victims of katrina... a little prayer wouldn't hurt either..

Be safe all
Roc
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2005, 04:56 PM

Im dont doing anything special just working for money for my kayak im 30$ away!!! Have a fun and safe holiday everyone!!!
Old 09-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Lunker

barring any lingering effects from tonite's mai-tai-fest i'll
be playing the "cool auntie" all weekend...joe (7) & mitchell (6) arrive
saturday morning. so far i'm planning on lots of swimming in the pool,
a big trip into boston for a "duck tour", some beginners fishing instruction
from the roc... if anyone has any suggestions on how to keep 2 little boys
busy please feel free to share!!!

have a great week-end, everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2005, 08:33 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

No drinkin tanight Fix a few things on the board.

Tomorrow I'm heading a bit inland up to Durham to fish the Lamprey River for some Largemouths. It's my "escape" spot. Have a few cold bee-yiz.

Sundee, I'll be gearing up for the Rte. 1A Fall Run, and scoping out some of my spots. I might hit tha maaaaaash again too.

That is if I dont get , turn into gargam.gif, and call everyone a .

Old 09-03-2005, 06:18 PM

Bass fishing today, work on the house tomorrow, hpoefully do a little AM fishing on Monday. All in all, a relaxing weekend.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:16 PM

Worked today, and it was my bros birthday (19) and he's leaving for College tommorow morning..

Then I'm going to the lakehouse after that, gonna do some bass fishing, maybe some panfish fly fishing too. Staying overnight there, then on Monday morning I'll wake up at around 5:30 and hit the water nice and early, then seeing my friend (hehe, friend *wink wink*), I havent seen ehr in like a week. So, it'll be a good weekend.

THEN SCHOOL STARTS TUESDAY

oh sweet its cartman!
Old 09-03-2005, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutahnie
if anyone has any suggestions on how to keep 2 little boys
busy please feel free to share!
Michael Jackson could help you there

HAHA I couldnt help myself.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:40 PM

lol
Old 09-03-2005, 09:53 PM

Hey annie doesnt deserve that.
But heres one for you.
click
Old 09-06-2005, 07:27 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Hope everyone had a safe and relaxing weekend,it was a good time, we all survived Mai-tai Friday and the duck tour (except for AbsoluteAhnies screen door that I walked through)

The fishing trip with the boys to Martins pond in N Reading was a success,with many bluegills,pumpkin seed and white perch as well as a few yellow perch and a small Largemouth bass landed...
Mitchell was the master fisherman with a white perch,yellow perch,bluegill/pumkinseed and largemouth bass grandslam....

last time I saw Absolute Ahnie she was looking a little like Goldie Hawn in Over board when the boy's parents re-claimed them..... FRAZZELED....those two yung-in are non-stop energy!
Old 09-06-2005, 10:38 AM

Sounds like the weekend for terri and Roc was an exhausting success. Don't you wish you could bottle the kids energy and take a shot for yourselves a couple times a week?

Our weekend started a little rocky....wife and I had a disagreement about the victims of Katrina in the car on the way up to Maine on Friday afternoon. While I consider myself a liberal, I have no patience for people who won't help themselves. On the other hand, my wifey blames the government, local and federal, for most all the New Orleans/Katrina related issues. She didn't speak to me for the rest of the day.

Things got much better on Saturday. We took the boat out and ran up to the Old Port in Portland for lunch and visited a number of Islands on the way up and back. The ocean was really calm so running my fair-weather boat wide-open at 40 mph was great with no more than a 10 minute run between each of our destinations. I actually paid less for gas in the boat than for the car, 3.49 Vs, 3.59/gal. BTW roc, remember the issue with hesitation at wide-open throttle I was having? Changing the fuel pump and fuel line at your suggestion must have worked. The boat ran flawlessly and didn't hesitate once. Thanks for the advice.

Came back late Sunday for a birthday cookout (in my honor) at my bro's on Monday. In case anybody wants to know, I'm 35 and dyslexic. My wife got me the Rapala 60 lb. weight lock. See, she still loves me. Now I just need to catch a big fish to test it out.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:44 AM

Sounds like you all had a good time Roc. Glad to hear the boys got into some fish. I'm sure they must have had big smiles. Like Tony said, just wish we could bottle some of that energy up. As for me, I had an okay weekend down here in Texas. Did some studying and put a few back. Oh yeah, can't forget that great Texas meat that we threw on the grill by the lake here. Looking forward to getting back to Jersey and doing some striper fishing in about 3 weeks. So how did you walk through the screen?
Old 09-06-2005, 11:36 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Tony, glad you and the Mrs. could come to terms....I try to avoid talking politics...it gets me in trouble every time, I do agree with ya on those not wanting to help themselves, but as i see it, they have it tough down there, alot of those poor folks had little or nothing... now they have less... it's hard for us up north to fathom the distruction they have endured....

as far as the lil guys...man they are lively! like a couple of eels! biggrin_blue.gif

JB 24, how's things in Texas??? Hows Mama and the baby doing? did ya get the faucet fixed??? It looked like ya had a frost free unit...didnt get to respond before the board went down and you shipped out... and it was hards to hear ya while we were out to sea that day.. we ended up with two tuna that day... just schoolies a bout 25- 30 lbs
Old 09-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Lunker

thanks to roc the fishing was a TREMENDOUS success! for poor joe
it was more like a marathon than fishing since he had to run between
two very demanding boys who constantly seemed to have a fish on.

i even got in on the action (after arguing with the 6 year old for a turn!)
and caught my first fish ever - a blue gill! of course then i wanted to
continue...!

jb24 - he walked through the screen head first judging by the dirt on his
face...it was pretty funny!