Newbie needing advise - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Kentucky
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 05-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Official Member

Default Newbie needing advise

I am from NW Indiana and 90% of my fishing is on Lake Mich for salmon and trout. That is until I visited a friend in Kentucky (April 15) and we fished for stripers in the tail waters of Lake Cumberland. We had ten on in one night and holycow, what a fish. I'm sold and hooked. Found this site and am reading all I can to learn more. I'm scheduled to go back in early June. I'm afraid that the stripers will be heading back to the main Lake by then and don't know that program. Will any stripers remain in the river throughout the summer or do I need to head to the lake and figure them out there. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm taking a friend with me this time and hope to hook'm up with his first striper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Newbie needing advise

I was told by a guide that stripers are hit or miss right below the dam. I fished it once and never caught a fish. I did see Al Linder catch some nice stripers below the dam once. I think they move out once the water temps are right but stay in the river because the water is cooler than the lake.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Newbie needing advise

I live in Louisville but do most of my fishing in the Lake Cumberland tailwaters. From my experience there are stripers in that river year round although I've heard people say the best fishing is in the spring. I do most of my fishing in the burkesville area which is about 20 miles downstream of Wolf Creek dam. I just got back from a trip last weekend and saw many stripers hitting the bait but couldn't get them in the boat.