I AM VERY P.O.'d about something I just saw on this website! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Striper Information & Services > Striped Bass Fishery Conservation / Politics / Management / News > Saltwater Licence Registry links /Regulations / Laws
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Licence Registry links /Regulations / Laws State game thief and Poacher hotlines / U.S. State Trailering Laws / Registration & Guidelines / Regulations / DNRs / Wildlife fish and game / and other govermental agencies / Park service Pass / Fees / News , fishing bills, conservation, regulations pertaining to the striped bass

Old 02-17-2006, 10:43 PM
First Mate

Default I AM VERY P.O.'d about something I just saw on this website!

Can anyone please tell me why the hell there is an ad at the top of the homepage for fishinghurts.com????? I hope this is just some oversight and that it wasn't purposely allowed for the sake of a buck. If so, I'll no longer be hanging out on this board, that's for sure!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2006, 11:18 PM

Gunner calm down. Thats a google ad by Peta

We've discussed it before. No one who comes here pays any attention to that stupicd web site. If it bothers you so much I'll block it from appearing here
edit** Ok its blocked. Id rather block it than lose any members who contribute to our community. Sorry
Old 02-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Veteran Elite

I personally found it quite humorous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2006, 11:26 PM

I did too. What the heck it aint like we make more than a few pennies from it anyway. I'd rather not upset anyone. I hope he will consider visiting the other ads for the 'sake of a buck' because thats where we get the revenue to operate. Most of it comes from my pocket. The rest comes from clicking on the google ads and buying stuff from the affiliates.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:46 PM
Veteran Elite

LOL yeah hopefully mine will be at a point where I can't keep it supported on my T1 and I have to start relying on some sort of income to keep it running....But yeah what the hell, just think everytime you click on that you actually cost PETA money Nothing like wasting thier money on our worthless clicks. I don't know if they think that they are going to reach the hard core fishermen out there by advertising on fishing sites.....the ones the reach are probably the ones who get on our nerves because they don't know how to fish and alway try to move in on our spots and end up crossing our lines anyhow......don't you hate that??? Some punk who looks like they just walked out of an eddie bauer catalog and has NOT A CLUE how to fish and just wants to be near you because he saw you get a bite or catch a fish??????
Old 02-17-2006, 11:52 PM

I had a friend who used to send those guys to the rock piles for a garaunteed night of snag city. I used to say why the hell do you do that ? Im beginning to understand.

Ps. If you still see that dumb ad its because it takes a while for the block to take effect.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletjeff
just think everytime you click on that you actually cost PETA money Nothing like wasting thier money on our worthless clicks.
I agree. We should leave it up and there should be a rule that everytime ya log in you gotta click on it.
Stickin it to PETA - Works for me
Old 02-18-2006, 12:43 AM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Yesah, I liked it too. I clicked it 5-10 times everyday Each click sticks it to em and helps out S247.

Old 02-18-2006, 08:41 AM

AAAARRRRRRR, I'm in and gonna make us some money!
Old 02-18-2006, 10:22 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletjeff
just think everytime you click on that you actually cost PETA money Nothing like wasting thier money on our worthless clicks.
I agree. We should leave it up and there should be a rule that everytime ya log in you gotta click on it.
Stickin it to PETA - Works for me

I never realized that those were Google ads. I'm sorry if I went over the top. I guess clicking on it to cost them money IS a good option, huh?
Old 02-18-2006, 11:00 AM

Default StriperJim Check out CommissionJunction.com

There is way to make some good change and people who are willing can really help out the site but filling out a form or becoming a member to some free services. You might end up making enough to hold reel contests every month. :D

Google ads are *bleh* IMO

EDIT** OOps this was supposed to be under the PETA flame thread...SRY!
Old 02-18-2006, 12:57 PM

We're listening Jamie.

This is a flame thread of sorts. Its called stick it to peta.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:04 PM

I never noticed it...
Old 02-23-2006, 08:17 AM

Default PETA

I'M a member of PETA.... People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:08 AM

I never noticed it myself.