Connecticut Area - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Connecticut
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Connecticut Connecticut and the Long Island Sound

Old 08-28-2004, 02:57 PM
Reports and Info Dude
Got a Little Captain in you?

Default Connecticut Area

Catches of striped bass are hindered by the schools of marauding bluefish. Anglers live-lining or trolling the tube and worm combo are taking some fish. Most productive spots include the reefs off Watch Hill, Fishers Island, the Race, the Sluiceway, Bartlett Reef, Black Point, Hatchet Reef and Long Sand Shoal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2004, 03:32 PM

Interesting Foghornleghorn my friend. We're having some of the same problems up here in rhode island but........its just the spots that the blues usually come into ie....horseshoe shaped beaches and coves. theres still those places like the ones that i fish that the beaches are open ocean and the blues seem to stay out deep where the stripers come in. Don't get me wrong though, i might be a striper fisherman but i love to play with the blues when their here. After a day of Blue fishing, you know your lines packed nice and tight on your reel hahaha.

Going to head out at around 11pm tonight to catch the whole incoming and fish until sunrise. we should kill them with clambellies tonight around 3am i'm figuring.

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

MASTER OF HIS DOMAIN
Old 08-29-2004, 02:16 PM

I've found the bass are there, but the blues hit your stuff to fast to get to them. Last 3 times out I caught 7 blues and 1 bass. The bass came after the blues had split.

I must say, though, the blues are fun this year. They seem a little bigger than last year. Most are 8#+, which makes for a fun time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement