Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Re-stocking the plug bag..

9K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  FyshhTrap 
#1 ·
afte a busy but early season i had some serious restocking to do... here's a few of the ones I have finished lately...
First are a group of 2.5 ounce darters done in Parrot..
Next are some Lefty Knock offs... I did 6 in Musso style scallop pattern and 6 in Pogie...
next are a group of Trollers... originaly designed by Danny Pinkney... often confused with slope heads... which are a tottaly different plug...

next are a group of blue streak knock offs... made from AYC.. tail weighted for trolling..painted old school "brown bomber"

after them are a set of 8" goo goo knock offs.. through wired made from WRC...
lastly a medium goo I made to fill a niche... they weigh 2 ounces and still are able to utilize the original goo- goo style lip..

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nicely done Roc, as you know I'm not much of a pluggin guy but those things look awesome (especially the green/yellow darters) :sydan: Not sure if ya saw my last post in the striper forum but I just picked up a small lot of plugs/lures off a guy for $40 and will be getting into it more this season, so my interest is slightly higher than usual. Between the few boxes I already had and the ones I picked up, I probably have in somewhere in the neighborhood of 60-70 plugs/lures. . . . .more than enough to get my feet wet. Still gonna pick up a few assorted bucktails and some smaller slug go's, another pencil/needlfish or two (perhaps) and just get out there and do it. I'm pretty excited to broaden my horizons and start catching more fish on artificials. Sorry, I got long-winded there didn't mean to jack your post....keep up the good work.

#14 ·
Beautiful stuff Roc, unfortunately I'm still buyin them, But , I do make my own jigs. I think plug building may be my next venture.
ps. Love ALL your articles, great info, Thanks!!!
Oh yeah , could you please tell me any info about the Pops Swimmer?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.