Huge Tog And Stripers Thrown In ! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Saltwater Species
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Species Whatever else you're catching or want to catch. Cod / Tuna / Fluke / Blues / Weakfish / Tataug / Sea Bass / Flounder / Shark / Snook / Bonefish / Tarpon / Redfish / Barracuda / Sea Trout / Cobia, etc...

Old 12-16-2006, 09:22 AM

Thumbs up Huge Tog And Stripers Thrown In !

Hello to all the fishermen out there. We are simply catching HUGE blackfish, the last 3 days. Starting Saturday, we had aboad Nick DiSarrio and crew. The first fish brought up by Nick was 6 lbs. ! Not a bad start. We caught some other keepers and then Tommy Birds caught an 11 lb. monster. We thought that was the large fish for the day, but it was not. The last fish of the day and the biggest was a whistle fish. Nick again did it , this time with a 13 lb. slob !! It was Nick's largest blackfish ever. We also had plenty of fish in the 6-8 lb. range and ended the day with over 30 boxed and many shorts released. With that 13 lb. fish that Nick caught, the record for the largest tog caught on the ' Just One More'
fell. The old record of 12 lbs., which was caught by yours truely, was blown out of the water with Nick's fish. Congratulations Nick. Sunday, Nick was back but with a different crew. Hugh blackfish were caught again. The largest of the day, was another WHOPPER at 12 lbs. and was caught by Bill Stephens from New Century Transportation. Bill never blackfished before but caught 15 fish total. We had plenty of fish again in the 5-7 lb. range. Monday had the Frank Blanch charter aboard and we had a super catch again. We started off by casting to the birds in the bay and landed about a dozen schoolie stripers. Then we hit the tog grounds. And the fight was on ! The fish were only up to 8 lbs. this time. But Frank's brother in law, Mike, had on and lost two fish that would have given the large fish from the days before a run for their money!! The stiff rod was bent in half both times but the line broke on structure. It has been super blackfishing. I have never seen blackfish this big and so consistant.
So I was going to pull the boat out of the water this week. But with the blackfishing sooooo good and the weather going to be in the 60's for the next week or so, I am going to stay in longer. They are calling for 60 PLUS degrees on Thursday ! I am open all week, this weekend, and the beginning of next week. Who wants to catch some slob TOG ? www.just1morecharters.com 908-472-2684

! JUST GOT THE LATEST WEATHER REPORT. 60 DEGREES OR HIGHER FROM THURSDAY INTO MONDAY. WIND 5-10 MPH FROM THE WEST. IT DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS GUYS!! LETS GO TOGGING !

CAPT. RICH NEWALLIS JR.
'JUST ONE MORE' SPORTFISHI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2006, 09:53 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Hugh Tog And Stripers Thrown In !

How I wish I could. I deffinately would love to throw in.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Mike R.

Default Re: Huge Tog And Stripers Thrown In !

Hi Capt Rich,

My friends and I were looking to take a Party boat for Tog on the 27th, are you available?