5th Annual Red Drum Tournament Hosted By Harbor Tackle - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Striper Information & Services > Reference Library > Seminars / Expos / Tourneys
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Seminars / Expos / Tourneys Post tournament and event Information here.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Veteran Elite

Default 5th Annual Red Drum Tournament Hosted By Harbor Tackle

To be held on Assateague Island, MD.

http://www.harbortackle.shoppingcart...ge/1831325.htm

With prizes awarded for Red Drum, Striper, Blues and Kingfish I know I'll be there for 3 days straight trying my luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2006, 02:35 PM

Assateague is where those wild ponies are?
I stayed in Chincoteague a few years back for summer vacation.
Rented a boat and swam on that island. Of course I brought
my fishing rod. Only caught croakers and fluke. Crabbing was
awesome in the federal preserve part. I would love to go back there.
2 bucks a pound for jumbo shrimp. I mean jumbo shrimp.
Mucho fun.
The fall is awesome red drum sounds like fun.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:44 PM
Veteran Elite

Yup, wild ponies all over the place....here's a link with the prizes and catagories and a link to a PDF for the rules. http://www.delmarvafishing.com/harbo...ournament.html So see there you go Jim, you can come down and fish with me for my 35th and see if we can't win some prize $$$$, and at least have some fun catching fish and drinking beer if we don't win
Old 07-20-2006, 07:15 PM

Jeff last time I was there I stayed at Toms Cove.
Are there closer campsites for overnights near Assateague? Maybe there's a motel close to the beach? It would be fun buggying for drum. The fee is 90 bucks for the ORV permit. 100 more for the tourney. 150 for gas. Probably cost me a grand for the weekend.
Still Im not ruling it out. A day trip charter out of Montauk with my brothers would cost around the same. I wonder if they have a weekend ORV permit for out of staters.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:43 AM
Veteran Elite

no, the only permit is the annual. There is camping on Assateague Island itself. We reserved a Bayside site 2 weeks ago. www.nps.gov will get you in, and then go to attateague island then the online reservations etc and see if there is anything left. Eagle's Nest Campground is just a couple miles up the street from the Island. If you're worried about the ORV permit, I will have one and will be more than willing to drive back to the ORV entrance and pick you and your gear up if you don't want to spend the money. ALSO, I fully intend on leaving a vechile in the parking lot as much as possible so the ORV vehicle never has to leave the beach (since there is a 145 vehicle limit). So basiacally you have to worry about a place to stay, unless you wanna sleep in your beach chair while waiting for a drag to scream (like I'll be doing).
Old 09-07-2006, 07:38 AM
Veteran Elite

Just one more week until Applications are due. Be sure to get them in and join us all out fishing the beach (as long as hurricanes don't mess us up)
Old 09-14-2006, 09:33 PM
Veteran Elite

Applications are due tomorrow. I"m heading out straight after work to prefish. My dad will be staying out all week trying to find the big drum and catch us some fresh spot, croaker, whiting and blues for bait. Large drum (42-52") have started showing up in the Assateague Island surf. Can't wait to get out there and try to haul one of those monsters in!!!!!!!