RISAA meeting / Charlie Soares - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 04-25-2005, 11:01 PM

Default RISAA meeting / Charlie Soares

Just got back from the RISAA meeting and Charlie Soares was one of the featured speakers. If you get the chance to listen to him talk about fishing for bass I could highly recomend it !

He really knows his fishing with 40 plus years of hunting big bass.
He mentioned how clams are killer bait but he did mention he likes
tube and worm and flipping ells.

I was amazed at what he has found in the bellies of these monsters. He had pictures of lobsters, clams, scup, tog, small stripers, rocks.. yes rocks, he mentioned that big bass will scrape their lips on the bottom and dig up shrimp and clams and at times rocks also. He had some awesome pictures of bass from the 60's to present. Structure, structure, structure for big bass.. white water, rocks is where they will be. He spoke about New England and the good amount of rock reefs that we have.

He talked about gear and how these big cows can do a job on gear by running deep and into back into the rocks. He had a tube that he pulled from a bass that someone else had lost.

I was able to pick up his tube & work book and get it signed to boot. If you ever get a chance to listen to him ... do it
I could have looked at his pictures and stories forever.

Now I am pumped..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2005, 01:13 PM

Great post Cuz......I know Charlie has a bunch of info to tell....must have been a great meeting.

DID SOMEONE SAY CLAMBELLIES?

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

8) MASTER OF HIS OWN DOMAIN 8)