New to the Rhode Island Narragansett and Jamestown Scene - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Rhode Island Fishing
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rhode Island Fishing Rhode Island striped bass fishing - Local discussion & reports

Old 08-28-2008, 10:46 AM

Default New to the Rhode Island Narragansett and Jamestown Scene

Hello All!

I am new to the Striper/Blue Scene but wanted to introduce myself. My girlfriends parents have a place in Narragansett and I have been taking advantage of it every weekend to fish. I was an avid freshwater fisherman until I realized how much fun saltwater surfcasting could be. The fights are intense. I have fished the west wall with no avail (no boiling water, no bites). I have had luck in Jamestown and Charlstown area (no big keepers though).

Do any of you guys know of any other good spots and lures that seem to work there? I am heading down tomorrow and looking for a possible new spot to catch the big one. I have been using the storm wild eyes in bunker color and blues and stripers have seemed to like them.

A reply to the post or a PM woudl be greatly appreciated. Thanks All!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Young salt

Default Re: New to the Rhode Island Narragansett and Jamestown Scene

You're best bet is to absolutely WEAR OUT the search button. Specific spots aren't discussed in an open forum, but someone familiar with the area may PM ya a couple to get ya started. Fortunately ya came to the right place as there are a ton of guys who live in the area and many more that fish it often. As for "what to look for" when picking out your spot, birds crashing the surf for baitfish, moving water/tidal pools and structure (rocks, bridges, jetties). Hope this helped some, good luck out there!!!

StriperHyper ~ Will
Old 08-28-2008, 06:17 PM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO

Try the same areas you have been fishing, but at night. Top of the incoming, and the outgoing. Fish rocky areas, with pencils at dawn and dusk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2008, 09:40 AM

Thanks a lot guys. I searched a bunch to see where people were fishing and no one seems to say where they go. Hence me asking people for PMs as I figured the best spots are secrets. I will be out in the jamestown area tonight. Hope anyone else who is out gets the big one.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Internet Academy

Jamestown and Charlestown are very good places to fish in the Spring, and Fall if you go to a local tackle shop they will tell you how the fishing is in the area, tides to fish etc.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Young salt

Ahhhh yes grasshopper, but a secret's no longer a secret even if it's PM'ed???? Just bustin ya man, many will give ya non-specific spots like this beach or that river, they won't give ya their 'walk 100 paces east starting at the dumpster, turn left at the rock that looks like Tommy Chong and stop after ya trip over the 4th fallen birch tree' honey holes or haunts as they're called. Only way to find said spots is heavy duty exploring, and spending lots of time doing so. I've been fishing the area up here for a couple years and am just now staking out spots to call my own. Just give it time man, you'll find 'em.....there's a good chance you've already seen a few, now ya just have to fisgure out how to reach 'em

StriperHyper ~ Will