Penn Seagate - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Reels and Reel Maintenance
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Reels and Reel Maintenance Reel Maintenance and schematics - Discussion on spinning and conventional fishing reels - teardowns and hard to find parts

Old 02-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Wishin i was fishin

Default Penn Seagate

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to find out some information on a reel that I have that was given to me. It is a Penn Seagate. I've been trying to locate information on it but it seems very hard to locate. I'm trying to figure out what year this could possibly be....it doesn't have a model number or anything on it, just says Penn Seagate and it shows a picture of a guy standing in waders holding a fishing rod, with a sailboat in the background, a lighthouse, and seagulls and clouds. From what i've read so far is there is a difference in the years it was produced by the handle of the reel...some have a wooden handle and some apparently have a plastic handle....this has a reddish colored plastic handle with pointed ends. I also have a montague 8 1/2' cohoe rod as well that this reel came on. Any info would help, thanks.
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2008, 10:39 PM

Default Re: Penn Seagate

The 125 Seagate has been a thorn in my side for a while as well. There seems to be very little information on this model.
Whatever you manage to dig up, please add it to this thread
https://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/showthread.php?t=4435

As for the Montague, The Montague Rod Company produced more rods than any other company in history. Some were quite high end but the vast majority were utilitarian rods sold at inexpensive prices. The Shakespeare Ugly Stick of their day.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Wishin i was fishin

Default Re: Penn Seagate

thanks sudsy, i'm trying to dig up what i can.