Minn Kota RT 80 - anyone have one? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Boaters Forum This forum is for boaters both fresh and saltwater. Trolling / Tips / Tactics / Maintenance

Old 08-15-2008, 01:38 PM
swabbie

Default Minn Kota RT 80 - anyone have one?

Here is the motor:

CLICKETY

My trolling motor is hand operated and it's kind of a PITA. This one seems like a killer upgrade... the "Co-Pilot" remote seems awesome and it even has auto pilot. The only bummer is it won't mount the same way mine does so I'd need to hack up my boat... I hate that.

Any thoughts on this motor? Anyone have this or a similar model?

Thanks
Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2008, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Minn Kota RT 80 - anyone have one?

You'll probably have better scanning the web for reviews of the MK Terrova. It's the same motor without the white paint and salt water warranty. Many more of those out there. MK autopilot is amazing. The copilot remote, eh. Nice to have, but it is limited to 10 fixed speeds. doesn't have the infinite speed control that the foot pedal does.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Minn Kota RT 80 - anyone have one?

Been using one all year with the auto pilot and remote fob. The auto pilot is great for me in a lot of cases works fairly well when I want to fish a line or edge. great when we are offshore bottom fishing head it into the drift and set it for speed or non speed desired. The remote fob is NOT waterproof<no idea why not> if on your wrist you will forget when reaching over to grab that 47" fish. Just got a lightning strike while parked in driveway and will be buying a new one.