hit it sunday - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta > California Aqueduct
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 12-08-2011, 11:35 PM
Official Member

Default hit it sunday

gonna start around mendota and head south till I get to coalinga sunday see if anythings hittin, any hints? throwin lures mostly ny bady ever use a side planer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Official Member

Default Re: hit it sunday

Good luck out there let us know what happens....
Old 12-12-2011, 11:36 PM
Official Member

waited for my brother to show up, never showed, then I got to playin battlefield 3 and didnt get out of the house for 5 hrs,so next weekend for sure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Official Member

Got to be Cold there now but get out there and get a striper out of there. I use to duck hunt mendota and hunt hogs in colinga but been many years never striper fished out there. but did get a almost 300lber. hog.....
Old 12-14-2011, 11:26 PM
Official Member

Hi, hows everyone doing. Brand new to the forum and haven't seen a new member sticky. If there is one could someone please point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. The area you are talking of is the are I fish normally being as I live in fresno. The best luck in that whole stretch of duct Ive had has been in the los banos area. 1 month ago it was common to catch 20 stripers in 3 hours at one of my favorite spots. I went like 4 straight times and never caught a keeper, but nothing was under 14". My favorite spots are bridges that cross the duct. I set up shop mid bridge with 2 poles. 1 rigged with a sliding sinker and 3ft leader and one with a river sinker with 2 hooks on a surf rig. The surf rig I fish directly down underneath/near bridge the other mid stream in the current. Some days they want surf rig some days they want sliding rig sometimes both. Liver and anchovies were the ticket.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:13 AM
Official Member

Hey Tony, I use to fish in merced and out by snelling there was some canals there and would we would use canoe's. Get nice size bass and rock bass out of there. Plus we would fish the river merced, but that was thirty years ago also fished los banos and got good sized bass, is there stripers in there now too? When we were fishing those areas there was nothing out there sure it has changed alot since then.

Not sure if this will work but there is a new member thead see if this will take you there https://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/forumdisplay.php?f=73

Last edited by drifter023; 12-15-2011 at 12:19 AM. Reason: more info.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:38 AM
Official Member

Yeah drifter, the canals around and in los banos are flooded with striper. I have only fished the area for 10 years but I caught my fair share. There is still lots of bass and bluegill and probably one of the best catfish areas in california. Thanks for the link.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Official Member

well there is life here! hi guys! I used to work the five points area and did pretty good round there,a 12lbs cat is my best so far lookin forward to more trips this year,