Biddeford Pool - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Maine
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Maine Maine Striper Fishing discussion & reports

Old 07-03-2015, 11:06 AM
Official Member

Default Biddeford Pool

Hoping to get some general information on tactics and areas (I know) not exact, but rather what tides, structure, live, artificial, etc. I will have direct access to Pool and will also have fishing Kayaks. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2015, 04:35 PM
NukinFuts

Default Re: Biddeford Pool

Fish the last couple of hours of the incoming or out going. Live Macs produce, as do chunk bait. Mambo minnows, and SP minnow, are good lures to use as well. Fish at first light, right before it (false dawn), troll around the pool, using the lures I mentioned, you should hook up to some fish.... good luck
Old 08-03-2015, 01:49 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripersurg View Post
Fish the last couple of hours of the incoming or out going. Live Macs produce, as do chunk bait. Mambo minnows, and SP minnow, are good lures to use as well. Fish at first light, right before it (false dawn), troll around the pool, using the lures I mentioned, you should hook up to some fish.... good luck
I'm curious too. Not a lot of water in there at low tide except the channel, is that where to fish outgoing low? Or did you mean to fish the first part of outgoing high?

If you have a yak, what tide is best inside the pool?

Also looks pretty fishy around the islands nearby and the jetties about the outlet of the Saco. Any tips on that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2015, 03:40 PM
NukinFuts

Both, as I said in my first post.You can conceivably fish the incoming, the entire 6 hrs if you wanted to.
The two hours either way, was a starting point, there really isn't a "best" tide, both can produce fish if they are around. Yes, you can go outside the pool, and fish the islands, and the jetty if you wish.
Fish those areas the same way, drag a lure, or tube & worm behind your yak, cast lures up against the structure of the island and jetty, if you see fish boiling, throw the offering around the edges of the boil, don't go screaming in with your kayak, over the fish, you'll spook them, always stay on the outskirts of them.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:18 AM
Official Member

I was there last weekend and caught 30 fish over 3 days.....tube and worm from a kayak trolling very slowly