Welcome To All The New Guys!!! - Page 14 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 05-07-2014, 12:17 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Welcome To All The New Guys!!!

Hey all! Newbie here from New Hampshire. Just wanted to pop on and introduce myself. Fairly new to surfcasting and looking forward to learning from all of you seasoned peeps. Happy Hookin'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Pro Staff

Welcome aboard
Old 05-14-2014, 08:34 PM
Official Member

Thank you Jake! This site is amazing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Official Member

Hello all.
My name is Johnny, I hail from the North Shore, North Fork of eastern Long Island, Noo Yawk.
I found this forum recently, as I have gotten back to my love of all things fishing after a 12 year or so absence. I broke my back on the job, and everything physical I used to do went bye bye.
I have been surfcasting for the past two months or so, getting used to using those muscles required to cast. It's been a slow progression but even if I can only be casting for 15 minutes, it is an amazing feeling to be fishing again.
When I was a kid, I used to fish with my cousins every day in the summer from their, maybe, 14 foot wooden skiff, with a 5 hp. Happy days those were !!! We'd pack up the shopping cart with everything we needed for the day of fishing, and walk about 3 miles to the boatyard.
Coming back to my roots, so to speak, and fishing again has been making me feel like a kid again, with all of the excitement and feelings. I am physically handicapped, but not mentally, and I will do all I can to make my body able to fish ! I'm loving it. I invested in a lighter (weighted) rod and reel combo that unquestionably has enabled me to spend more time fishing.
I went with a St. Croix Avid surf 9'6" medium/heavy power, moderate/fast action I believe, and coupled it with a Quantum Cabo 60 reel.
This is a great forum, I am thankful to those that run it and to all those that post here. I have gained much knowledge from my readings thus far on this forum, and I am looking forward to reading and learning and meeting as many as the good people on here as possible.

Happy Fishing to y'all.

Johnny
Old 10-16-2014, 05:44 PM
First Mate

Welcome, and good luck to you!
Old 12-22-2014, 09:02 AM
Official Member

Mornning all,Steven here from Toms River,NJ.Just started surf fishing almost 2 years now in Seaside Heights/Park NJ .Most of my little catchs were made in Island Beach State Park.
Hopefully I'll gain alot of knowledge from the people on this site.

Last edited by stvnd53; 12-22-2014 at 12:31 PM. Reason: missing word
Old 06-01-2015, 11:10 PM
Official Member

Mike from Salem,MA. Great site with great info.... the rules are reasonable and I havent actually been an active member on any boards. So far so good. Thanks and heres to a great 2015!
Old 06-03-2015, 09:04 AM
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by workhorse View Post
Mike from Salem,MA. Great site with great info.... the rules are reasonable and I havent actually been an active member on any boards. So far so good. Thanks and heres to a great 2015!
Welcome, Mike. Thanks for the PM
Old 10-10-2015, 02:59 PM
Official Member

ets begin..... First off, thank you guys for the warm welcome. But you've always welcomed the new guys with open arms. Hmmmm should I tell you who i am, was? lets try this....My user name is Compton because thats where I did all my fishing.....Little Comptonih Do you know what I used for bait? come on now, you can do it. Clambellies !!! got it yet? Got Bass? Back in my day, when the site had oh i don't know, 10 members or so, we were a close knit bunch of salts, always wondering if the site would take off. then 100 members, wow!!! could it turn to 1,000 ? with ease.....now look at it, unbelievable !!! I just went on my phone and saw what guys were writing.......where was he, what happened, miss him, one of the originals, etc etc....... Thank you guys, you really know how to get to my heart. don't believe everything you hear or see. every story has its many sides, lets just leave it at that. If you haven't figured out who i am yet, well.....your probably a newer guy. Its me !!!
Old 10-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Official Member

It might take me a little while to get back in the swing of things but i was down, not out. now i'm here......commence with the formalities !!! 50 lbs did it done it......now i got to aim for Rocs numbers. I have one rod and reel left....thats all i'll need for now. Ex wife sold the rest, I wanted her to, make sure they were all set. sold the boat, the chopper etc.....ok enough of that, sorry, got off track. How is everyone??? You do know this is BRIGGS right? just checkin.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:22 PM
Official Member

Hello,Hello,Hello...is there anybody here? Just nod if you Can here me...is there anyone home?
Old 10-13-2015, 11:04 AM
First Mate

Old 10-16-2015, 10:16 AM
Pro Staff

Briggsy, you old salt, great to hear from you again!! Welcome back!!
Old 10-16-2015, 10:39 AM
Official Member

It was a long and whindy road but.....I'm ready to hear my line peelin. Might have to wait till next season but its going to take me a little to get back in the swing of things....been to hell and back and all i got was this lousy teeshirt...lol
Old 10-19-2015, 02:37 PM
Pro Staff

I hear ya. Let's share a beach in the spring...