Take a moment... - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:27 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Default Take a moment...

and remember those that gave their lives... and those still suffering from the after math of what happend to our great nation 11 years ago... and say a prayer for the soldiers keeping us safe so far from home...
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Young salt

Default Re: Take a moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccus View Post
and remember those that gave their lives... and those still suffering from the after math of what happend to our great nation 11 years ago... and say a prayer for the soldiers keeping us safe so far from home...
Amen to that Roc, very well said. God bless all the innocent men and women who lost their lives, the men, women and children who lost a husband/wife/mother/father, police, firemen, rescue workers and anyone else who was affected by this sensless tragedy that, for a moment in time, left our nation reeling.

Despite my personal feelings towards the man, I'd also like to recognize our commander in chief at the time, George W Bush, who acted swiftly and decisively in making certain that this would not be tolerated. The message was sent that we will NOT back down in the face of fear and back down we did not.

And finally, I believe an enormous debt of gratitude is owed to the brave souls aboard flight 93 who, after learning of the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, decided to go down fighting and stormed the cockpit in an attempt to thwart the hijaker's final mission. Sadly, and despite their best efforts, the passengers aboard still met their untimely demise, but the number of lives they saved that day cannot be accurately measured.

11 years later and it's still engraved in my head as if it were yesterday. I will never forget the overwhelming sense of togetherness and solidarity that this nation displayed in the days, weeks and months immediately following the attacks. Never have I felt so a part of something, never have I felt more American and never, til the day that I die, will I forget that this is and always will be the GREATEST nation in the world!!!!!!

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-03-2013, 11:49 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Take a moment...

I did my stint in the Navy in airborne electronic surveillance.....Then 32 years in the NYC Fire Dept. Retired two years before 9-11.....I knew double handsfull of those men on a first name basis. Although I'm a Christian, I will NEVER forgive and NEVER forget. I think we'd better put trust in our own God.....our government is now made up of a fractured mass of selfish people, each with their own agenda.

God protect our military and those who care for us.