Fishing with out a boat - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Rhode Island Fishing
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rhode Island Fishing Rhode Island striped bass fishing - Local discussion & reports

Old 05-31-2011, 08:13 PM
Official Member

Default Fishing with out a boat

If You live in Newport Rhode Island, How and where can you catch a bass striper with out a boat?
Is the water to hot or to cold now?
I always used small rock crabs when I was a kid to catch fish, but I havn't been fishing in the ocean for 15 years or more.
My boyfriend just moved here from PA and has never been salt water fishing. I have lived here all my life but never really went fishing to much so I feel as though I am no help to him at all. If he had his way he would be out there fishing 24 hours a day but I don't even know where to tell him to go or what bait to use.
I bought him a boat for a surprise for his birthday but we won't have it till next week but until then I would like to catch a few fish with him from the shore.
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2011, 09:32 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Fishing with out a boat

Go onto bing.com/maps and look for rocky structured areas. Also look for where there may be accessible parking areas as not all areas are easily accessible. When using that site click on the "birds eye view" it's incredible. Fish are here and there...kinda spotty right now but should be picking up. I am just using plugs...not bait

You guys must both love the Steelers. He posted here also. Nice of you to buy him a boat for his birthday

There's a shop in Newport called the saltwater edge and they know the area best. Go in there and buy some things and I am sure they will give you plenty of info....for shore and boat