Where did all the fish Go in RI Area ? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Rhode Island Fishing
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rhode Island Fishing Rhode Island striped bass fishing - Local discussion & reports

Old 09-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Official Member

Question Where did all the fish Go in RI Area ?

Can anyone tell me where the fish went in the Connimmicut to Blue Beach areas or any where in between ? Birds have been few and far between and to far out for the "Cheat Sticks" when they are around . I know I heard about a small fish kill in Wickford .

Can anyone PM Me with any info you might have please ? I have been fishing with a young man of 14 all summer . He started out fly fishing for trout with a fly rod that I gave him and he tried the salt last weekend and LOVED it , he could not wipe the smile off his face . But I was not able to get him hooked up . Since he is the future of this sport , i don't want him to become to discouraged .

His parents are not comfortable with him going out on Breakwaters and they would prefer he not go wading . So it has to be from the shore in a cove or back bay some where . They would also prefer that he is not out late at night , so I have to take him during the day . Since the evenings have gotten cooler , the fish seem to be scarce all over, or is it just me ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have , as I would like to try and get him hooked up this weekend when we go out .
Thanks Again and Tight Lines,
Rebekah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2008, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Where did all the fish Go in RI Area ?

All of the restrictions you posted are going to keep him skunked. I can also add that crossing large bridges is also neccessary. Other than that, the fish are around and able to be had. Dark of night, rocks, reefs, and dangerous places, next to deep drops.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Where did all the fish Go in RI Area ?

I think i can help out. Some early morning schoolies with a few 30"+ fish can be had in the early morning in a VERY accessable location along with some blues to 10 lbs or so. Pm me for specifics.