2008 Trophy Season Who Is Ready - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Chesapeake Bay
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Chesapeake Bay A sub-forum for the Chesapeake Bay and all its tributaries Rockfish Rocks.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:23 PM
nitefisherII

Thumbs up 2008 Trophy Season Who Is Ready

NEW LINE ON ALL THE REELS 80# POWER PRO ALL THE RIGS RETIDED &WASHED GOOD REPORTS ON THE C&R SEASON HOPE TO BE OUT OF BREEZY POINT 4-19 GOOD LUCK TO ALL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2008, 08:44 PM
HDH

Default Re: 2008 Trophy Season Who Is Ready

I am ready also, just need to shake the boat down hopefully next week. I have done the same with new line, went over all the tackle tied new and thought I was finished till I went to the MSSA fishing show last week and brought more stuff to rig. Then today I went over Virginia and stopped by Green Top and also there is a Gander Mountain right there at the same exit now of course I had to visit them both. Also they are going to build a Bass Pro up the road from there back towards Kings Dominon, I quess I will head South from now on instead of Baltimore for a bigger variety. I will be South of you out of the Solomons area with all the other knuckleheads. Good Luck and hope you post some pics! Check out this website www.junebugtackle.com and go to the movie section, great videos of catching some real nice Spring beauties...
Old 04-04-2008, 09:23 PM

I'm trying to get ready and revamp my trolling strategy. Do you have any suggestions on line & lure wiegths and distances. Also is it better to use in-line sinkers or rely on the wieght of the lures?. Thx
DOveJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2008, 09:28 PM
nitefisherII

I USE SOME JUNBUG TACKLE NICE STUFF I GET MOST OF MY GEAR AND LURES AT TYLERS IN CHESAPEAKE BEACH I HEAR DAISY CHAINS FROM WARRENS BAIT SHOP IN GLENN BERNIE ARE HOT RIGHT NOW IN THE C\R SEASON
Old 04-04-2008, 09:44 PM
nitefisherII

DOVEJ USEING THE POWER PRO IT RUNS DEEP SAME SIZE AS 18# MONO I RUN 3 LINES OFF MY PLANERS 100 FT OUT 5-7OZ TOTAL WEIGHT ON MY OUT SIDE LINE next line 2-4 oz hever and so on two boat rods at 70-90ft out 18-22oz umb on flat line clips
Old 04-05-2008, 01:19 AM

got all my reels re-strung,all my umbrellas ready, just got to get a few more tandem rigs done and i think im finished with the tackle. still got to shake the boat down but got alot of things to do around the house before the season gets started and it will NEVER get done if i dont do it now!! AND THE WIFE AINT GONNA STAND FOR THAT!!!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 08:19 PM
HDH

Hey Nitefishertwo does Tylers still have them Saturday yard sales in April like they use to the first couple of weekends? I have been there a few years back on several occasions and have gotten some great deals. I believe I heard that diffrent people own it now?
Old 04-09-2008, 10:19 PM
nitefisherII

george still owens the shop he done a lot of the fishihg shows this year but back at the store now not got down yet this year work slow money tight but be out april 19
Old 04-13-2008, 05:12 PM

going out for the first time on the 24th out of kentmore marina.
any advice for a first timer?
i am going out on casey j charters
Old 04-13-2008, 07:46 PM
nitefisherII

take only what you need sun screen sun glasses maybe rain coat take a small cooler for on the boat leave big cooler and ice at the truck. where shoes that do not leave marks on the boat floor and do as the captain says. this time of the year fish are big do not try to horse them keep the rod up and steadily reel when the fish pulls let him stop reeling but keep rod up most of all have fun
Old 04-14-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYANGLER View Post
Hey Nitefishertwo does Tylers still have them Saturday yard sales in April like they use to the first couple of weekends? I have been there a few years back on several occasions and have gotten some great deals. I believe I heard that diffrent people own it now?
I AM FROM ST MARYS ALSO LOOKING FORWARD TO SEASON STARTING ANSWER TO FAT DADDY ON RADIO SEND ME YOUR CALL SIGN WE CAN SWAP INFO
Old 04-14-2008, 08:36 PM
HDH

Welcome aboard Mike! I am usually on 72 or 74, just as my log on name and my boat name "Happy Angler". I will be out of Solomons bright and early trying to get ahead of the other knuckleheads like me! 5 More days......