Does anyone know how to...... - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers Freshwater fishing discussion. Articles on tactics and techniques for freshwater stripers as well as Bass & other species.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Does anyone know how to......

Hey do any of you crafty fisherman know how to mount a cooler off the back of a boat. I use this cooler to put the fish that are caught in. It would add alot of room to the boat if I could get the cooler out of the way. It's a big 90 quart job. I've seen a few other striper fisherman doing this on Cumberland, but don't know anyone who's doing it. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Pro Staff

Default Re: Does anyone know how to......

A lot of guys will bungee the cooler on to their swim platform. If you don't have a platform or step large enough to mount it on, it would be kind of tough to secure it well enough.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know how to......

Noah, time to get the drill and brackets out, metal or glass boat?
Even simple right angle brackets to slip the cooler in, as well as the bungees Jacob recommended, should secure it.
I guess you're holding up to a couple hundred pounds of fish, so you should bolt the brackets through, and reinforce the area underneath the cooler with plates or large washers where you bolt it through, and make sure where you drill doesn't weaken the transom or rear deck area, or interfere w/any other systems back there.
I'm assuming limits of up to ?? 3-4 people per trip?
Jeff