Okuma Corrida reels for stripers - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 12-11-2004, 11:18 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

everyone that fished from what i hear got skunked that night, even those guys you gave the bumper stickers to. they asked me the next day and when i said nada they were relieved cause they got spit. it was my fault. i let lil bro build that fire. a searobin could spot that flame from keyport.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2004, 11:26 PM

Zim heres the pic you PM'd. Nice likenesses.

Yea I told you chubrok was missing his mensa meeting that night.

Old 12-12-2004, 01:50 AM

Default okuma Coronado

Anyone have experience with the Okuma Coronado?
Old 05-11-2006, 12:35 PM

Default Okuma fan

wow.. i am not that experienced as you guys. but lucky i guess. ive got an okuma avenger.. the big one.. 60 i think.. why i dunno. but i chunk heads with this monster on 30lb power pro..
and i have the coronado baitrunner that doesnt work.. gonna get it fixed. damn ebay.. but i actually throw lures with that one on 30lb power pro. and ive never had a problem other than raw thumbs from casting.. no knots. nothing. just got a daiwa millionaire conventional now for baitcasting. im gonna put power pro on that too. the guy at the tackle shop looked at me like i was crazy. last year i was chunking on a baitrunner with power pro.. lol.. but whatever it worked.. i also left both reels on the boat all winter without maintenance and they worked great last weekend.. im an okuma fan .. of limited experience. i wish the baitrunner part worked. those are cool when they do.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

throw that stupid baitrunner out

Old 05-11-2006, 07:28 PM

What's wrong with a baitrunner? As long as it works who cares....I like my Okuma corrida baitrunner....cost me 18 bucks on e-bay + 9 for shipping. I'll use it till it brakes....everyone knows the more rods u have out the better...yahh right....I'm no longer using 3....2 max!! 2 conventionals with the bait clickers on.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:50 AM

yeah.. good friend showed me the benefit of a nice conventional reel.. i like em alot more. and i think its a corrida baitrunner? i dunno. but yeah. im gonna throw plugs with it till it breaks. its my lightest decent spinner so. graphite spool.. whatever. and it was like $20 somehting on ebay so.