Hi Everyone - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 10-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Hi Everyone

My name is Ron & just joined Stripers247. I just wanted to say Hello & introduce myself to all. I live on Long Island on the South Shore. I am an avoid fisherman of all sorts. I've been tying fly's for a number of years & love to flyfish. I'm a retired UPS worker with over 25yrs of service.
When I retired I bought my first brand new boat. A Sweet 23 foot Parker Polit house. I call her "Saltefly" It's a great boat & handles real nice.
All though I love to flyfish every time I get,the conditions aren't always good so I fish all kinds. I've traveled & fished in many exotic places. I will post pictures when I find out how! LOL I love to discuss fishing topics & love to help the kids starting out. I teach fly tying & casting but not for a price! I just want to pass on what was taught to me. My boat is in Bay-Park area & I fish the Rockawys,Long Beach,Jones area. I tye all my on rigs & also enjoy surf fishing. The fishing has started to pick up this past week with some nice keeper Bass in the back bays! I'm always looking to meet new friends & share my experences with fellow fishers. Being retired I have a lot of free time & am always looking for people to fish with along with Playing Golf,my 2nd Love! If I can help anyone in need of questions pretaining to equipment, advice ETC I will try answer all. I'm no expert but I do have some knowledge. I am also here to learn! The only thing I won't tolorate is BS! I have no time for it. Nice meeting you & hope to meet some new friends..................................Ron
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Pro Staff

Default Re: Hi Everyone

Welcome aboard Ron! You'll fit right in here
Glad to have you join in!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:39 PM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO

It's a pleasure to have you with us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Striper Hunter

Tk you Guy's The Pleasure is all mine!
Old 10-30-2008, 12:47 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

uh oh! no bs? what am i to do? it is with great respect i welcome you here. you beat me to the welcoming committee but i did break the ice in the fly forum. if you stay i promise no bs from me. (this opens a can of worms but i can take it from some of these clowns) i know we met at the flytying symposium as i recognize your picture. once again, i am pleased at your presence, zim

Old 10-30-2008, 07:24 AM
First Mate

Welcome. I can use some advise tying flies and learning how to use them, so I'm glad your here. I picked up my first fly rod this season. Had fun learning how to get the fly in front of the rod...