Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

still skunked here in cornwall (story inside)

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  anglethedangle 
#1 ·
yesterday (5/26) fishing off shore, i finally got my first real run of the season. My pole slammed, so i picked it up and set the hook. Fish starts running real good and hard, so i know its a decent sized. About 10mins later, the guy next to me didnt reel up his line and the fish tangled into his. So being careful i finally got it within 5-10feet of shore, as my girlfriend is about to net it, the fish kicked out and with the tension of both lines tangled, it snapped my line:mad:, it looked to be at least 30inches. but im not the kind that will yell over a lost fish, i got more respect then that. so yea, im still skunked on the year, hopefully i catch one before season is over. Anyone know or estimate when the season will end?, anyone seeing any signs?

#2 ·
yesterday (5/26) fishing off shore, i finally got my first real run of the season. My pole slammed, so i picked it up and set the hook. Fish starts running real good and hard, so i know its a decent sized. About 10mins later, the guy next to me didnt reel up his line and the fish tangled into his. So being careful i finally got it within 5-10feet of shore, as my girlfriend is about to net it, the fish kicked out and with the tension of both lines tangled, it snapped my line:mad:, it looked to be at least 30inches. but im not the kind that will yell over a lost fish, i got more respect then that. so yea, im still skunked on the year, hopefully i catch one before season is over. Anyone know or estimate when the season will end?, anyone seeing any signs?
Tough one man! you caught that fish in my eyes... and may that jerk who was next to you suffer 10 consecutive skunk years!

YOU didn't say anything...but I bet you had to hold your girlfriend back from stomping his rod into splinters!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.