Off to the ditch soon. - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts > Cape Cod Canal
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Cape Cod Canal The Ditch.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:51 PM
First Mate

Default Off to the ditch soon.

Hope y'all have a successful weekend. Dunno what I will be chasing, Macks or Stripers, or both. Weather dependant, to be sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2007, 04:11 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Default Re: Off to the ditch soon.

i was just given a report of bass averaging 40" being taken out of the canal on saturday afternoon...sunday was dead.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:28 PM
First Mate

Hmmmm....I saw no fish that big Saturday. But fished little. The late high slack gave up weeds the size of heads of lettuce.

Sunday AM was out for Macks off the East end.

I did get a legal fish, I tossed back. on the 1:30pm slack. And a friend got an almost 40 incher on the same tide. Weighed in at Buzzard's for inter-club derby.

After being weighed it pooped on his foot. You can count mine as a reliable source who was there that says Sunday gave up fish as well. Mackeral was the bait.

It should be kicking in anytime. I think it may have already, if one were to put in time.

I just got a job that will not allow for trips to the canal for quite some time. (7 nights a week) Gotta make hay when the Sun shines.

I will say this though. Coming into the East eand, we through on the fish finder, and Every hump was holding fish as we came into Sandwich. Stacked up in every single hole. I dunno who could cast there from the jetty. They are ther though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2007, 04:37 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

you were on the wrong end..ask the guys at red top. the west end, i guess gave up a handfull fo bass for about an hour, then it was slim pickens. thats from shore, i dont know about by boat.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:40 PM
First Mate

I'm sorry if I was unclear. The Fish I got and saw taken were from the West End, from shore. That is the end I fish.

We were in the boat to get mackeral, and went out of Sandwich. But I fished for Stripers from shore, in Bourne, between the Bourne and Railroad bridge.

My understanding is that many fish were had late in the day Saturday as well, but I did not see it. Somewhere around Old Bridge Rd. I got word, and arrived too late.

The usual suspects at Dunkin Donuts at 4am Sunday seemed to have had a very good night as well.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:49 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

thats good news...the fish are there..my buddy was a day late and a dollar short, his pack of friends were at the west end saturday afternoon and called him to come down, by the time he got there it was over...he fished the same tide sunday for nothing...i almost made the drive saturday too, but the wife had to work...story of my life...oh well. glad to hear you got some bass too...it looks like im gonna have to get my ass in gear and make the drive down, i wish i lived closer..it takes me 2hours to get there. funny thing my friends crew got em even further west of you..i have had mixed results where they were..nothing really big, although my cousin got a 20lber two seasons ago five minutes after we got there..that was it that day..on a mack chunk.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:10 PM
First Mate

It was kinda funny when I got my fish. I put almost half a mackeral on, because Saturday little fish were stipping me.

A barge was coming through and I said to the guy fishing near me it would push the fish to the shore. An often stated claim, I have very little faith in.

I am not a bait fisher by nature, I need to be busy. As a result, I check my bait, a lot.

Anyway, I went to check it after the barge went by and felt something. I thought it was weed again, until it pulled back.

My pole did not move. Did not bounce, did not bump. Nothing. I dunno what the fish was doing, But moving was not on his priority list until I helped him along.

Good luck down there.