Nova Scotia Stripers? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Canada
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Canada Eastern Canada - Discussion & reports

Old 04-03-2006, 08:49 PM

Default Nova Scotia Stripers?

Hello fellow anglers,

I'm a new member located in Wolfville Nova Scotia on the Bay of Fundy. I'm thinking of getting out for some striper fishing next week. My question is if there is anyone out there who has caught them this time of year in my area? The water is just starting to warm up and I've heard they catch fish all year but is this a good time to fish them? Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2006, 09:35 AM
Pro Staff

to the site NSStriper! You may have a few little hold overs up there, but the real fish won't show up for at least another month/ month and a half or so. Looks like they'll be coming through here in a few weeks maybe. Keep an eye on the New England & Nova Scotia forum for updates as they make their run up to you!! Hope you have a great season!!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:58 AM

Welcome to the site NSstriper. I think with you that makes 3 people who fish that area (I think Dobbs is one). They'll probably chime in once they see a fellow Nova Scotian.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2006, 05:44 AM

Eh NSSTRIPER, glad to see another Bluenoser on here. I live in Londonderry, across the bay from you. Fish in highland village all the way down to Econony. I was down fishing on the weekend and caught some tommycod, but that was it. Stripers will start showing up around 1st or 2nd week in May. You will get alot of good info on here, Iknow I did. Don't think a question is too stupid too ask. Alot of really good fishermen on here. Some of the techniques and tackle is alittle different from ours due to the difference in tides but it is all very helpful. I improved my fishing by 30% from what I learned on here. Camel is from NS but haven't seen him on here for a while, was a couple of others too but haven't seen them either.
Later Dobb
Old 04-19-2006, 08:23 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I just can't wait to get going. Nice to have sites available for us all. Good luck with the season!
Old 04-30-2006, 12:21 PM

Hey guys how's it going.Haven't been on in a while but I have been anxiously awaiting the start of some STRIPER fishing!!!!Going next week I hope.Should start hitting some anytime now.Never fished your area nsstriper but was to Annapolis Royal 10 years ago and caught nothing.I fish the same area as dobb but have yet to meet up with him,hopfully this year at little dyke we'll meet up.Can't wait to get out on a NASTY day and catch some stripers!!!!See yous around.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:48 PM

Hey guys,

I went out last thrusday and friday without any luck. The water is getting much warmer wirth some more sun but no fish yet. I was using Gaspereau (Alewives) and I have never tried them before. I need some mackeral. Just thought I would let you know. Some other fellas were there also but I don't think thety had any luck recently. How about you guys?
Old 05-10-2006, 05:23 AM

Eh how ya doing NS.? We are starting to catch a few over on our side of the bay, wife got a 25incher last Friday. There has been one caught 28 ins that I heard of and several smaller ones. It should be better fishing this weekend as the weather is warming up. Later Dobb
Old 05-23-2006, 12:10 AM

Good to hear. Too much work for me to get out this week. Are you using herring Dobb?
Old 05-23-2006, 05:22 AM

I use herring ,gaspereau, tommycod or squid. The bass seem to have dropped off a little in the last two weeks. We were catching a few ,but none this weekend or last for me. Still hearing reports of them being caught so must be just my luck. Later Dobb
Old 05-23-2006, 02:36 PM

Hey guys,finally got out for some striper fishing and had a great day.I got about 20 or so with one keeper about 12 pounds and was released.My buddy caught 4.We were using gaspereaux and mackeral.They were hitting the gaspereaux best.Going again tomorrow.[/img]
Old 05-24-2006, 05:20 AM

Nice fish Camel,,Must,ve been down to the Stewiacke river? The bay seems pretty quiet lately. Give it a good try this weekend I hope.
Later Dobb
Old 05-28-2006, 10:15 AM

Hey dobb,yup we were hitting them pretty good.We were down twice and got around 60 bass.4 or 5 were keepers.Biggest was just over 30.lbs and 41" long.I took the fly pole along on the last trip and landed 5 on the fly.All were 3-6.lbs or so.Here is a pic of the big COW!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camelns_may24_142.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1993  
Old 05-28-2006, 07:52 PM

That is a really nice fish Camel, no wonder we ain't getting any in the bay, they are all in the river. I got 5 little ones today, one yesterday. Maybe hit Stewiacke next weekend. Later Dobb
Old 06-16-2006, 04:43 PM

NICE FISH CAMEL!!!